Web Content Manager
New York, NY Or Philadelphia, PA Or Remote,USA
At Betterment, we’re building more than a financial technology company; we’re developing a digital personal finance hub to change how people think about their finances. Take on this role, and you’ll have the chance to shape the future of our content as part of the overall Betterment experience.
You’re the type of person who believes in the power of rich content experiences. You think like an editor-in-chief, and you're excited to build, own, and improve a library of content. One that helps people understand investing and personal finance in language that real live people can understand.
You think about the architecture of the owned content experience just as much as you think about the written word. You have rich experience in SEO, social media, but you want your focus to be on the content strategy itself—how everyday execution in writing, video, and audio creates big picture outcomes across an editorial experience.
You've seen the power of engaging content that's made a difference in how you feel about a company, and you're ready to bring that experience to our world as well. You want to lead the growth of Betterment’s content library for prospects and clients across our three business lines: Betterment retail, our 401(k) business, and Betterment for Advisors. The content you create and manage will help educate clients about investments, retirement plans, and savings strategies. It will help educate advisors and plan sponsors about our B2B offerings, and help 401(k) plan sponsors educate their employees on financial wellness.
This role is remote eligible. We are hiring in all states except CO.
A Day in the Life:
- The Web Content Manager will be a key member of Web Experience, which is a cross-functional squad of designers, developers, and content managers producing digital content for each of Betterment’s business lines.
- The Web Content Manager’s goal is to grow Betterment’s omni-channel marketing effectiveness by developing a content approach that creates a rich, educational customer journey for each of our audiences.
- Working with colleagues in Communications, Product, Compliance, Creative, and Legal, the Web Content Manager will grow our content library to be highly effective.
- In collaboration with our Analytics and Product teams, the Web Content Manager will lead the insights narrative on how content is performing, and how effective it is in our customer journey.
- Will work closely to define requests of our Creative team and Investing teams for creating high-quality content that brings our voice to life.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience as a content editor for a website.
- Strong editorial skills with an understanding of the nuances of brand voice across various audiences.
- A background and affinity for B2B content marketing and lead generation, with a deep appreciation for B2B sales and servicing processes
- Extensive knowledge of HTML, CSS, and content marketing software, like HubSpot, Marketo, Contently, Contentful, Intercom (or other similar chat solutions).
- High competence in web analytics and analytics software (e.g. Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Looker). You should be able to interpret the numbers and determine next steps for content improvement.
- Experience managing and creating a diverse array of website content, from editorial blog development to gated content offers and landing pages.
- A history of managing content categorization and optimization for a blog.
- A history of managing a team of freelance contributors or a content agency.
- High level of financial planning knowledge. Must be familiar with the robo-advisory space, and the retirement space.
- Must be a team player who works well under pressure in an extremely fast-paced, multitasking environment
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, and continuing on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
You’ll join a Community that Cares:
Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
Join one or more of our 8 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, and help us shape Betterment’s culture and product for years to come.
You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
We will ensure you're set up and cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, benefit packages that fit your needs (infertility and World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits available), flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
You’ll Learn & Grow:
Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional allowance for outside learning.
As part of a team that values knowledge sharing and transparency you can opt into mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to email@example.com