Android Engineer - Accessibility
Ovia Health is the leading family health and technology company for women and families on their reproductive health journeys. Our mobile apps for fertility, pregnancy, and parenting empower people to take control of their health and navigate parenthood with confidence. We are on a mission to improve fertility and maternity healthcare, and to help women and families live fuller, healthier lives at home and at work. Join us!
What you will be doing:
- Working with a small, tight-knit team to make our apps more accessible so every one of our users has a positive experience using our apps.
- Develop new features across our three apps. We use the latest Android Studio and each developer has their own remote build machine for ultra-fast builds!
- Refactoring existing code to use more modern architecture designs, identifying and fixing bugs and converting older Java code to Kotlin.
- Actively contribute to reviewing teammates’ work via code reviews in a way that improves the team’s shared understanding of the code and improves our technology
What we are looking for:
- Someone who can bring clarity to ambiguity while remaining open-minded to new information that might change your mind.
- Someone who is comfortable in Android Studio and isn’t afraid of a large code base. You will be expected to start contributing to the team after a few weeks of ramp-up time.
- Someone who will contribute to discussions and share their ideas about what we can and should be doing to improve our products and technology.
- Someone who identifies bottlenecks or identifies areas for improvement and provides recommendations for how to make things better.
- Someone who loves learning new things. Our team stays up to date with the latest trends and tools in the Android community and is always looking for how we can incorporate them into our apps.