Accessibility Consultant (Web & Apps)
Our client in the Healthcare field is seeking an Accessibility Consultant for their team. This role is fully remote, though candidates in Austin, TX or St. Louis are preferred. This contract is 40 hours / week, and currently budgeted through 12/31/21.
• Act as technical accessibility SME liaison to the Software Engineering and QA teams.
• Act as an advocate and educate cross functional teams about accessibility best practices.
• Conduct and support accessibility testing efforts, automated and manual.
• Analyze existing applications for accessibility issues and work with developers, QA engineers, content strategists and designers to define and implement solutions.
• Work with diverse team of product owners, UX designers, and developers in fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles.
• Support development of an accessibility data and measurement program.
• Conduct accessibility-focused qualitative research using a variety of methods including user testing, interviews, surveys, artifact research (chat, call, email transcripts, etc.), journal studies, etc.
• Support maturity of the accessibility program.
• 5+ years of experience in accessible (508/WCAG) analysis, design, development and/or testing.
• Subject Matter Expertise in WCAG 2.1, Section 508, ADA, other accessibility laws and standards.
• Knowledge of correct use and limitations of WAI-ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) in web application development.
• Passion for making websites and applications accessible to all users.
• Experience using Accessibility testing tools as well as screen readers such as JAWS, NVDA, and Voiceover.
• Understanding of SDLC and the technical and business challenges that come with development of a product.
• Understanding of UX, design techniques and principles.
• Social science research methods (e.g. usability, surveys, observation), qualitative and quantitative data analysis, foundational statistics.
• Data visualization and presentation skills (in addition to analysis and research skills).
• BA/BS in related field; advanced degree in Cognitive Science, Statistics, Human Psychology, Computer Science, Computer Interaction or related field preferred.
PLEASE SEND A COPY OF YOUR RESUME TO S.MILLER@CELLAINC.COM
Salary Range: $50 - $63