Inclusive Design & UX Program Manager
Applause App Quality, Inc
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Inclusive Design & UX Digital Program Manager to join our organization. As the Program Manager, you will play a crucial role in guiding one of our Client's internal teams through our inclusive design program. You will be responsible for managing the pipeline of teams ready to embark on the inclusive design journey. Your primary focus will be to provide strategy, coordination, and support to ensure the successful integration of accessibility principles and practices across all teams for a specific client. The ideal candidate has a strong background in accessibility, project management, and a passion for driving inclusivity through a focus on user experience.
- Work type: 1099 independent contractor
- Duration: 1 year with annual renewal potential
- Capacity: Up to 40 hours per week
- Location: US-based remote but able to align with PT standard business hours
- Rate range $60 to $80 USD per hour based on relevant experience and education
- Travel: Potentially up to 10% for in-office visits
Outreach and advocate
- Serve as the main point of contact for the inclusive design program and guide product teams through the program, ensuring teams understand the process and their progress.
- Manage the pipeline of teams ready to begin the inclusive design program, including assessing their readiness, coordinating timelines, and prioritizing their participation.
Diagnose and recommend
- Develop and provide strategic guidance on inclusive design to teams, ensuring they understand the importance of inclusive design and accessibility, and how to implement best practices.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on accessibility standards, guidelines, and legislation, staying up-to-date with industry trends and advancements.
- Identify and suggest relevant resources, tools, and activities that can support teams in their accessibility efforts.
- Facilitate training sessions and workshops to increase awareness and knowledge of accessibility principles among team members.
Monitor and measure
- Conduct regular progress assessments to track team's performance, provide feedback, and offer guidance to address any challenges or roadblocks.
- Elevate the program’s profile and celebrate team progress by identifying and
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Accessibility Studies) or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven experience as an Program Manager or in a similar role, with a strong focus on integrating inclusive user experience into product development processes.
- In-depth knowledge of accessibility standards and guidelines, such as WCAG 2.1, ADA, and Section 508 and familiarity with assistive technologies and their usage patterns.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with diverse stakeholders and influence decision-making.
- Experience in providing training or workshops on accessibility topics is highly desirable.
- Up to 10% travel as needed