Information Systems Analyst II Personal Services Contract
Illinois Department of Human Services
Agency: Department of Human Services
Location: Springfield, IL, US, 62762
Opening Date: 7/27/2023
Closing Date: 8/23/2023
Posting ID: 28-32-29374
Salary: Anticipated Salary: $25.61 - $60.51 per hour
Work Location: 100 South Grand Ave E Springfield, IL 62762 (Sangamon County or remote)
Work Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Job Type: Hourly Intermittent
Number of Vacancies: 4
****A RESUME IS REQUIRED FOR THIS JOB POSTING****
Please attach a DETAILED Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV), a copy of your transcripts or diploma for all degrees earned, and a copy of any applicable professional licensures to the MY DOCUMENTS section of your application. Please note that the Department of Human Services must verify proof of higher education for any degree earned (if applicable) before any offer can be extended. You WILL NOT be considered for the position if you attach a CMS100, CMS100b or any other document in lieu of a Resume or CV.
Perform analysis & remediation of the current design and layout for forms provided by the Department of Human Services, Business Services, Forms Management Unit to ensure they can be made into accessible PDF forms.
1. Audit, Analyze, Review & Remediate the current design and layout of provided by the Department of Human Services forms to ensure they can be made into accessible PDF forms. Provide, under supervision layout and design models, for source documents comprising of various file formats, for example, but not limited to Word(.docx/.doc), InDesign(.indd), and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf).
2. Performs complex analysis of DHS Forms to ensure compliance with Illinois Information Technology Accessibility Act (IITAA) specifications. Implement digital document accessibility standards dictated by the Illinois Information Accessibility Act (IITAA), Section 508, and WCAG 2.0 AA conformance level. Import accessible source documents into Adobe Acrobat to create accessible forms. Utilizing the Adobe Acrobat Forms Tool, add form components and ensure that the form's components are implemented in an accessible way to meet IITAA and WCAG 2.0 guidelines.
3. Create and implement form calculations. Create appropriate and correct form tag structure. Create accessible names on all form elements. Verify all form elements are in the tag tree and all tags are in the correct reading order.
4. Test documents for Accessibility compliance using the Adobe Acrobat Accessibility Checker, and testing with assistive technology, (for example, JAWS).
1. Requires knowledge and skill equivalent to four (4) years college with coursework in computer science.
2. Requires three (3) years' experience working with Adobe LiveCycle Designer, Adobe Experience Manager Forms and testing output envelops/JSON files.
3. Requires three (3) years' experience testing forms using Illinois Information Technology Accessibility Act (IITAA), Section 508 or similar accessibility standards.
Conditions of Employment
1. Requires ability to pass a name-based background check.
*The conditions of employment listed here are incorporated and related to any of the job duties as listed in the job description.
About the Agency:
The Illinois Department of Human Services serves families in need all across Illinois. Our mission is providing equitable access to social services, supports, programs and resources to enhance the lives of all who we serve. We are committed to the core values of Human Dignity, Equity, Community, Urgency, Transparency and Kindness.
As a State of Illinois Employee, you will receive a robust benefit package that includes the following:
A Pension Program
Competitive Group Insurance Benefits including Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
3 Paid Personal Business Days annually
12 Paid Sick Days annually (Sick days carry over from year to year)
10-25 Days of Paid Vacation time annually - (10 days in year one of employment)
*Personal, Sick, & Vacation rates modified for 12-hour Work Schedules (as applicable)
13 Paid Holidays annually, 14 on even numbered years
Flexible Work Schedules (when available dependent upon position)
10 Weeks Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
Deferred Compensation Program - A supplemental retirement plan
Optional Pre-Tax Programs such as Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP), Dependent Care Assistance Plan (DCAP)
Tuition Reimbursement Program and Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligibility
5% Salary Differential for Bilingual Positions
Commuter Savings Program (Chicago only)
For more information about our benefits please follow this link: https://www2.illinois.gov/cms/benefits/Pages/default.aspx
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.61 - $60.51 per hour
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Do you possess three (3) years of experience working with Adobe LiveCycle Designer, Adobe Experience Manager Forms and testing output envelops/JSON files?
Do you possess three (3) years' experience testing forms using Illinois Information Technology Accessibility Act (IITAA), Section 508 or similar accessibility standards?
Work Location: In person