Digital Accessibility Analyst
This job is expired.
As a Barclays Digital Accessibility Analyst, you be part of the centralized Digital Accessibility team and will act as a subject matter expert (SME). This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with business and technology teams, to help them to deliver accessible products for our customers and colleagues. You will also support Digital Accessibility consultants within the team to extend accessibility capability across the bank through the development and delivery of training, tools and communications
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Supporting suppliers to understand and meet accessibility expectations within procurement processes
• Acting as a SME for the accessibility control team through the development lifecycle and ensuring that effective project governance exists
• Managing and delivering a range of accessibility solutions to enable the delivery of products including design reviews
• Supporting our Accessibility Academy training programme, including training, development and delivery
• Supporting the growth of our accessibility champions to become a knowledgeable and scalable resource
• Representing Barclays at external events and conferences and helping to share our expertise
What we’re looking for:
• Understanding of accessibility principles, requirements and testing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional teamwork ethic, keen to support colleagues development through sharing of knowledge, expertise and relevant information
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Achieved IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC)
• Analytical and methodical problem solver
• Familiarity with technology project lifecycles (e.g. Agile and Waterfall)
• Experience of completing accessibility testing
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64 acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.