ACCESSIBILITY DESIGN PARTNER, GROUP DIGITAL
Amsterdam Or Malmö,NETHERLANDS OR SWEDEN
What you'll need to have
We are IKEA Retail's Digital Inclusive Design, Equity, & Accessibility Centre of Expertise (Digital IDEA CoE). The purpose of this team is to ensure that all IKEA Retail digital experiences, services, and products meet the needs of diverse customers and coworkers. We are the first team of this kind at IKEA Retail, and we are creating this CoE from scratch. This global CoE has 4 teams, each specializing in an area of expertise that will bring the aspiration of human-centric technology to life so that we can ensure that the use of design, data, and technology in IKEA serves the good of humanity and our world.
The preferred candidate would come from a strong background in digital accessibility with the capacity to coach stakeholders at various levels of the organization who are not familiar with digital accessibility.
Formal qualifications needed or related equivalent:
• Minimum 4 years of applied digital accessibility practice such as accessibility audits & risk remediation planning
• Minimum 1 year of experience in leading and delivering company-wide accessibility tactical and operational strategies in large complex organisations
• Preferred: Completed certification on digital accessibility with demonstrated applied practice in large organisations
Key assignments of this role:
• Lead digital product teams in auditing their digital accessibility needs and coach them on how to correct the identified issues
• Assess, procure, and execute the launch of digital accessibility tools to be used by product teams on monitoring and correcting digital accessibility issues
• Develop frameworks, guidelines, processes and toolkits on digital accessibility for designers, engineers, and product teams
• Co-create and facilitate trainings for key stakeholders of various levels on identifying and solving digital accessibility issues to develop the basic competence for accessibility throughout the organisation.
Our team within IKEA
The Digital IDEA CoE is new at IKEA Retail. We are a diverse group of people from many backgrounds and stages of life. We believe in creating more equity in the world, and we do our part by developing more digital inclusion for our co-workers and customers. We are the emotional pulse of the company because we lean into our hearts to guide us through daring conversations to create positive change. We don’t run from conflict, but see it as an opportunity for building trust and meaningful growth. We live by radical transparency to share information and knowledge so that we can develop together. We are passionate about our work to contribute to a better world all while maintaining a healthy life balance.
The four teams within the Digital IDEA CoE are:
• Accessibility Design coaches the competence of stakeholders in accessibility skills, frameworks, and processes in the end-to-end product life cycle so that accessibility is democratized and part of the foundation of all products.
• Digital IDEA Operations ensure all aspects of the centre’s operations are in place, so teams can function efficiently and effectively (e.g. find and procure supplier & tools, set ways of working, build competence development programs, ensure recruitment and retention of a diverse and inclusive team, etc.).
• Digital IDEA Research & Innovation is grounded in evidence-based practice to establish the foundation of how to conduct ethical and inclusive research across the company in ways that show the value of accessibility and inclusion for the business.
• Digital IDEA Strategy & Integration sets, launches, and implements the strategic, tactical, and operational transformation of Digital IDEA so that it is embedded throughout the business with best practices in change management.
Questions and support? Let's connect!
Internal title: Accessibility Design Partner
Please respect that due to GDPR we cannot review any applications coming to us in other ways than through our recruitment program. Our recruiting processes to be fully digital until final stages.
The role can be based in the Netherland, Sweden, Spain, or India and you will report to Tie Wang-Jones, Senior Director/Global Head of Digital IDEA CoE.
If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please reach out to tech recruiter Carl-Johan Andersson at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be interviewing continuously and are looking forward to hearing from you!
IKEA is intentional about creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide accommodations for individuals with disabilities per request as a part of the interview process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants who use assistive and adaptive technologies both personally and professionally.