Coordinator: Digital Accessibility
Albuquerque Public Schools
This position will serve as the ADA/Section 508 Project Manager for the District and will provide guidance and consultation to the District community regarding accessibility per the ADA and Section 508, including advising managers and employees about compliance with disability requirements.
Defines, plans, controls, and leads the work of the project to address the accessibility issues identified in the Office of Civil Rights Complaint and Resolution Agreement. Provides guidance on corrective action plans for inaccessible online content.
Audits and reports on District websites and web applications for compliance with WCAG 2.0 AA guidelines.
Establishes measurement frameworks for assessing and measuring success in improving web and electronic document accessibility and support offerings.
Stays abreast of accessibility regulations and compliance standards, best practices, and solutions that promote and enable accessibility.
Oversees support and accessibility training for those remediating PDFs to post online.
Evaluates technologies in conjunction with procurement processes for compliance with accessibility standards. Recommends criteria for evaluating technology purchases.
Develops and maintains all electronic accessibility policies, procedures, and processes in support of establishing and maintaining compliance with all applicable federal, state, system and local regulatory requirements.
Develops, implements, and maintains a method for the District community to report inaccessible web content, applications, or products.
Acts as a liaison with content creators and technical staff in reviewing and implementing changes to business practices and electronic systems to ensure that all electronic documents developed meet accessibility requirements.
Identifies web accessibility training needs across the District and develops a plan to meet those needs.
Offers insight on deficiencies in online accessibility and make recommendations on developing new or adjusting existing processes to increase accessibility for various custom and vendor packaged technology solutions.
This position will conduct education/training for the District community, track and analyze data, prepare reports, lead work groups, participate on District committees, and perform other related duties as assigned.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
• Professional experience in government or education
• Experience in ADA/Section 504 or ADA/Section 508 Compliance
• Experience in implementing digital accessibility
• Experience using PDF remediation technologies such as Adobe DC Pro
• Knowledge of accessibility standards as they apply to online communications
• Knowledge of using assistive technologies such as: JAWS, WindowEyes, or others
• Completion of ADA Coordinator Certification Training
• Supervisory experience
Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Education, Special Ed., Human Resources, Law, IT)
3 or more years related work experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of developing trends and cases regarding accessibility compliance
• Professional experience developing policies and procedures, and coordinating
• Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and oral and written communication skills
• Ability to balance competing tasks
• Ability to establish collaborative working and team relationships
• Ability to work with and relate to people from all backgrounds and levels of an
organization and foster a diverse working environment
Salary Range: $52000 - $53000