Accessibility Marketing Communications Lead
This job is expired.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. Since 2014 we have developed award-winning accessible experiences that are built-into our devices such as the VoiceView screen reader with its innovative braille interface. What will you help us create?
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in accessibility to solve real-world challenges that will transform the experiences of our customers with disabilities in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
We are looking for an Accessibility Marketing Communications Manager who will own and develop the marketing and communications of accessibility features and functionality to our customers. This person will drive key data insights into business actions, will plan for the long term and push for new ways to achieve objectives.
· Partner with PR, media and creative directors to continually identify innovative media, creative and business opportunities that support the communications strategy.
· Partner with the Brand / Product Marketing Managers to ensure the product / service roadmap and target segmentations are aligned an actionable.
· Consult during Go-to-Market (GTM) phase of brand / product marketing, naming, and research teams to identify product/service positioning territories and exhibits for naming exploration
· Partner with brand planning and business teams to ensure the product / service is message ready and the integrated marketing plans identify consumer problems and insights that can be addressed with paid media.
· Lead cross-functional teams including brand planning, media, creative, program managers, research and product marketing through the execution of mass advertising campaigns and product / service launches
· Lead GTM marketing communications meetings, campaign reviews with senior leaders, and managing creative assets globally
· 7+ years of experience in consumer marketing managing global brands
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
• Experience developing message and media strategies for key segments
• Ability to create innovative new consumer marketing programs that generate results
• Proficiency with developing test plans and understanding measurement limitations
• Ability to optimize and scale communications plans and apply lessons learned to make the repeatable easier
• Ability to think strategically, execute methodically and ask hard questions especially during ambiguous situations
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Superior verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact with and lead senior management on a regular basis
• Comfort and proficiency at leveraging resources, including marketing budgets and personnel resources
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is expected
• Understanding of accessibility and assistive technologies
• Familiarity with media serving the disability community and disability / accessibility focused conferences and events