Inclusive Instructional Design Specialist
Listening > Responding > Contributing
SHARE YOUR PASSION
You’re good at what you do, and you know why it matters. Here is an opportunity to bring your expertise into a dynamic environment and increase the positive impact of your talent. Apply your skills and experience in a new way and spread your enthusiasm for excellence at Harper College.
The Academy for Teaching Excellence at Harper College is a nationally recognized center for teaching and learning. Join an institution with a strong culture of teaching and learning and a CTL that is at the center of educational transformation. Learn more about the Academy for Teaching Excellence at http://www.harper-academy.net.
INCLUSIVE INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN SPECIALIST
The Harper College Academy for Teaching Excellence is currently seeking applications for the Inclusive Instructional Design Specialist position. The Academy is looking for an Inclusive Instructional Design Specialist to support faculty in adopting equity-focused and accessible classroom strategies. The successful candidate will serve as a member of the Academy Instructional Design Team to support faculty in designing, revising, implementing, and assessing teaching strategies, with a focus on the equitable access, engagement, and success of systemically underrepresented students. You will support faculty who teach in all formats—face-to-face, blended, and on-line; develop collegial partnerships with faculty to support their instructional needs, and create effective instructional materials; and collaborate with Access and Disability Services to identify and implement solutions for student accommodations that involve substantial faculty support.
• At least a Master’s degree in an area focused on Curriculum and Instruction; Instructional Design; or Education. Or a Master’s degree in a discipline offered by the college.
• At least two years teaching experience required. Teaching experience in an educational setting is preferred.
• Experience designing, implementing, and assessing innovative and effective teaching strategies in their own classroom or as an instructional designer is required. Thorough knowledge of instructional design theory and evidence-based inclusive practices required.
• Knowledge of regulatory and compliance agency requirements including UDL, ADA, Section 508 compliance, FERPA, and other applicable laws related to digital accessibility required.
• A command of current tools and technologies used in college-level classroom instruction, including common learning management systems such as Blackboard, Sakai, Canvas, Schoology, etc. is required.
• Use of common hardware technologies such as computers, digital cameras, scanners, and camcorders as well as common software packages such as Microsoft Office Productivity Suite, web development authoring tools, and graphic editing tools is required.
• Familiarity with software for office productivity, web development, and graphic editing as well as development and production concepts related to distance delivery of coursework and materials is required.
• Excellent communication and organization skills are required.
To learn more about this position and apply, visit us at:
Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Salary Range: $54299 - $67873