Director, Service Net
Palo Alto, CA,USA
Do you have a passion for technology and social good? Are you driven to find innovative solutions that promote sustainable social impact? We want you on our team!
Benetech is seeking an entrepreneur to lead the development and deployment of Service Net within Benetech Labs. Our Service Net is dedicated to making the social safety net more visible through an open standards data exchange platform for real time, collaborative management of information on existing human services, thereby building robust connections between people and services.
The Service Net Director will provide strategic leadership for this initiative, including scaling for significant impact, forging strong partner engagement and adoption, landscape and market analysis, and budget and resource management for Service Net. This is an amazing opportunity to turn an early stage product into high-impact software that will help millions of people who struggle to have their basic needs met. Please join us on this exciting and impactful journey!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Define and lead the Service Net initiative, including strategies, goals and metrics, in order to drive growth and maximize impact.
• Develop and execute Service Net’s sustainability model and core value proposition for key stakeholders. Drive initiative growth and fundraising, developing funding strategy, prospects, and partners in conjunction with fundraising team.
• Drive the product road map and strategic technology direction, including data strategies to improve services over time.
• Understand users and the market; providing deep landscape analysis, user-centered design, and opportunity/risk assessment.
• Serve as Service Net’s thought leader and chief evangelist among partners, funders, and prospects, in the form of publications, presentations, meetings, media opportunities, etc.
• Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 6-8 years of experience as a software product leader, in a high technology, health tech or social enterprise environment.
• Evidence of entrepreneurial or successful start-up experience.
• In depth experience in the US health and/or health and human services sector (in particular California), with knowledge of information and referral/intake and application processes, and resource database management. Experience as a social worker or case manager a plus.
• Experience with accessibility and inclusive design strongly preferred
• Market analysis experience; demonstrated ability to quickly understand landscape, gather and synthesize information into actionable road map.
• Experience working with government agencies, international NGOs, multi-lateral partnerships, and cross-sector collaborations strongly preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; superb communication (written and spoken).
• Ability to travel up to 20% domestically, mostly within California initially.
• Passion for Benetech’s mission to leverage software for social good.