Accessibility US Analyst
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet.
McDonald’s strives to improve the usability and accessibility of its restaurant website, mobile application, and Kiosk for all users, including those with disabilities. McDonald’s efforts to improve digital usability and accessibility are guided by McDonald’s pillars of Inclusion and Integrity as well as industry standards like the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and other existing recommendations. The McDonald's Global Digital Accessibility team is made up of accessibility professionals, each with a unique background.
We are seeking an experienced Accessibility Analyst for the US Market. The Accessibility Analyst ensures US digital platform properties and content meet McDonald’s accessibility standards and best practices globally. The ideal candidate will be an empathetic educator and collaborative problem-solver who communicates effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders who deliver websites, apps and Kiosk experiences within the US business and other areas as needed.
· Coach Content Authors / Producers on how to create, produce and publish content that meets McDonald’s Accessibility guidelines, regulatory requirements, and industry standards.
· Facilitate discussions between US and Global Product teams for Accessibility related changes to global platforms from a US market lens.
· Manage a diverse workload of projects and processes with strong problem-solving skills.
· Produce understandable reports on accessibility issues and impacts.
· Review content with accessibility in mind.
· Review and provide feedback on the content authoring and publishing platforms and internal documentation like authoring guides to aid in the coaching of creating accessible content.
· Focus on design and content accessibility user acceptance testing (also some presenting and coaching).
· Demonstrate effective and consistent communication skills with understanding about disability, accessibility, and inclusion.
· 3 - 5 years digital accessibility experience in the public or private sector
· In-depth knowledge of assistive technology tools (e.g., VoiceOver, NVDA, Dragon Naturally Speaking, ZoomText, mobile solutions, etc.).and practices to support individuals with disabilities using web, mobile and kiosk applications.
· Experience and ability articulating and incorporating accessibility requirements into design documents and specifications.
· Experience producing instructional resources on accessibility standards.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Strong experience with assessing digital products against WCAG 2.2 level AA (or most current version)
· Experience in supporting the production of accessible content in the implementation of ATAG 2.0 Guidelines (or most current version)
· Ability to work independently and in small groups effectively and efficiently.
· Self-motivated and proactive about work priorities alongside use of good judgment
· Confident and able to work across different digital platforms.
· 6-7 years digital accessibility experience in the public or private sector, with experience in Marketing or similar fields
· Basic understanding of Mobile Development on IOS and Android
· Actively engaged within the disability community, including workshops, events, speakers, activism, lived experience, etc.
· General awareness and understanding of technical, legal, and compliance concerns related to accessibility.
· Associate degree or higher
At McDonalds we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonalds experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees, and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice, or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonalds or elsewhere.