Accessibility Engineer II
Have experience in accessibility or software testing? Are you knowledgeable in HTML and CSS? We’re seeking a flexible team player and expert problem-solver to join our team as an Accessibility Engineer II, where you’ll act as a point of contact from our Center of Excellence (COE) to enable product accessibility. As an Accessibility Engineer II, you’ll serve as a consultant to UX, agile, product, design, development and engineering teams. You’ll also be responsible for identifying and suggesting potential solutions for accessibility barriers based on legislative and industry standards such as W3 WCAG 2.0, and ensuring compliance with WCAG2.0, Section 508, and other accessibility-related laws. If you’re a team-oriented self-starter who can communicate clearly and persuasively, let’s talk!
iCIMS extends a work culture unlike any other East Coast-based technology provider. We focus on hiring candidates who display our seven core competencies – passion, drive, transparency, adaptability, empathy, kaizen, and customer commitment. If you eat, sleep, and breathe our competencies and desire to work in a casual yet results-driven environment that embraces innovation—then you’re just what we’re looking for!
iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that’s voted one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey. We are the industry's premier recruitment software provider—delivering technology that supports more than 3,500 contracted customers around the globe. Committed to both growth and stability, we have a lot of opportunities for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us. Apply today!
• Provide input to the definition, evangelization, and roll out accessibility best practices
• Monitor Accessibility Testing practices across the agile teams
• Help identify current accessibility problem areas and work closely with development teams on solutions
• Review and anticipate potential accessibility issues for new features or technology
• Educate/Train/Coach agile teams on accessibility best practices, methodologies.
• Research, design and work with management to implement new tools for accessibility
• Understand key accessibility standards, requirements, and their application to assessment delivery implementation and interaction with assistive technologies.
• Work closely with various teams through development and implementation cycles
• Consistently ensures that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS policies, procedures, and core competencies
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency and takes initiative.
• Maintains flexibility and reacts to change appropriately.
• Receives and takes action on feedback and lessons learned for continual professional improvement and development.
• Takes measures to enhance body of knowledge and skill set through training.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 3 or more years of experience in accessibility and/or Software Tester
• Ability to work closely with Product Owners and BA’s on accessibility issues
• Expert in accessibility coding standards.
• Demonstrated success leading groups to deliver web and mobile experiences that meet high accessibility standards.
• Familiarity with legislative and industry-based standards such as W3C/WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, WAI-ARIA, and 508 guidelines.
• Strong background in assistive technology, accessibility testing or coding, usability and evaluation
• Experience with assistive technology such as JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, as well as accessibility features in Windows and Mac.
• Understanding of user experiences (including complex online tasks and mobile- and device-centric interaction).
• Ability to work independently with little direction, team oriented, results-driven environment
• Innovative, self-motivated, possessing excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
• Strong fundamentals in problem solving skills
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies preferred
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with multiple software development teams consisting of developers, quality assurance, product management and project management members
• BA/BS or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or other technical degree from a reputable institution