Web Accessibility Verification Analyst
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
This job is expired.
• Assesses web and mobile applications against the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, 2 AA (WCAG 2 AA)
• Communicates accessibility failures, other findings and recommendations to address reported issues
• Provides guidance through the application development lifecycle to ensure accessibility and compliance of end products
• Develops and promotes accessibility best practices within the Information Systems Branch with the purpose of ensuring that accessibility is firmly embedded in all processes and workflows
Rate of pay:
This is a CS-02 position
Annual rates of pay (in Canadian dollars) range between $70,439 and $86,213 based on the Agreement between the Treasury Board and Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada. https://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/agreements-conventions/view-visualiser-eng.aspx?id=1#tocxx312259
Statement of merit criteria & conditions of employment:
1. Essential Qualifications
• EE1. Significant and recent experience performing manual WCAG 2 AA assessments for web or mobile applications and web forms as well as interpreting results generated from automated accessibility tools
• EE2. Recent experience communicating, documenting accessibility failures and proposing solutions to meet WCAG 2 AA
• EE3. Recent experience identifying accessibility issues in design, content or code and assessing impact on user experience
• EE4. Experience using multiple assistive technologies, including desktop or mobile screen readers
• EE5. Experience coding web pages using HTML5 , Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and programming/scripting language.
• “Recent” is defined as experience gained within the last five (5) years.
• “Significant” is defined as two (2) years of experience.
• EK1. Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1 AA)
• EK2. Accessible Rich Internet Applications (WAI-ARIA), including ARIA Techniques for WCAG 2.1 and WAI-ARIA Authoring Practices 1.1
• EK3. Government of Canada Web Standards including Standard on Web Accessibility, Canada.ca Content Style Guide, Government of Canada Digital Standards and the Web Experience Toolkit (WET 4).
• EK4. Knowledge of HTML5 , CSS and web application coding techniques
• EC1: Analytical Thinking
• EC2: Client Focus
• EC3: Continuous Learning
• EC4: Initiative
• EC5: Interactive Communication
• EC6: Teamwork
• EC7: Written Communication
Successful completion of two years of an acceptable post-secondary education program in computer science, information technology, information management or another specialty relevant to the position.
Official language proficiency:
2. Asset qualifications
• AQ1. Experience leveraging inclusive design techniques with the aims of identifying design barriers and improving user experience for all users
• AQ2. Experience using an issue tracking software program such as JIRA or TFS
• AQ3. Ability to coach and provide training to clients
• AQ4. Ability to support projects that use various management styles such as Agile, Waterfall and hybrid approaches.
Interested individuals are encouraged to forward their resume and cover letter to Rabab Gomaa at email@example.com.
Cover letters must identify how you meet the Essential Experience (EE) AND the Asset qualifications(AQ). Please reference the associated number for each criterion. It is not sufficient to state that the requirement is met or to provide a listing of current responsibilities, rather, the candidate must provide concrete examples that illustrate how they meet the requirement. Resumes may be used as a secondary source to validate the experience described in the cover letter responses. Failure to provide the above-mentioned information may result in your application being screened out of the process.
Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-service-commission/jobs/services/gc-jobs/canadian-armed-forces-members-veterans.html
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Salary Range: $70439 - $86213