Global Senior Accessibility Design Partner
Amsterdam Or Malmö,NETHERLANDS OR SWEDEN
This job is expired.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
We are IKEA Retail's Digital Inclusive Design, Equity, & Accessibility Centre of Expertise (Digital IDEA CoE). The purpose of this team is to ensure that all IKEA Retail digital experiences and products meet the needs of diverse customers and coworkers. We are the first team of this kind at IKEA Retail, and we are creating this CoE from scratch. This global CoE has 4 streams, each specializing in an area of expertise that will bring the aspiration of human-centric technology to life so that we can ensure that the used of design, data, and technology serves the good of humanity and our world.
The preferred candidate would come from the diversity, equity, and inclusion background with experience in topics of accessibility, operations, and digital inclusion:
• have personal and/or professional global experience
• dedicates themselves to serving others
• is passionate about challenging the status quo
• loves to work with ambiguity by creating something from nothing
• takes radical initiative in paving the way in an emerging field.
Formal qualifications in related field or equivalent:
• Minimum 7 years of applied digital accessibility practice such as assessments, audits, & risk remediation planning
• Minimum 2 years of experience in leading and delivering enterprise accessibility strategies in large complex organisations
• A strong Experience Design leadership portfolio demonstrating team and enterprise leadership capability, as well as a breadth of Inclusive Digital Experience Design delivery leadership
• Preferred: Completed certification on digital accessibility with demonstrated applied practice in large organisations
Key assignments of this role:
• Lead the creation of ambassador/champion network for accessibility design across product teams for designers and developers
• Lead the assessment and procurement of an accessibility competence development program from external suppliers that would meet the needs of our designers and developers
• Assess the need for automated digital accessibility tools, procurement of these tools, as well as their implementation to ensure legal compliance to global accessibility standards
• Develop frameworks and toolkits on accessibility for designers and product teams to practically embed accessibility into all digital experiences and assets so that compliance is met
• Conduct digital accessibility audits and resolve help desk tickets on digital accessibiltiy as needed
OUR TEAM WITHIN IKEA
The Digital IDEA CoE is new at IKEA Retail. We are a diverse group of people from many backgrounds and stages of life. We believe in creating more equity in the world, and we do our part by developing more digital inclusion for our co-workers and customers. We are the emotional pulse of the company because we lean into our hearts to guide us through daring conversations to create positive change. We don’t run from conflict, but see it as a opportunity for building trust and meaningful growth. We live by radical transparency to share information and knowledge so that we can develop together. We are passionate about our work to contribute to a better world all while maintaining a healthy balance with life.
These are the 4 streams of the Digital IDEA CoE:
• Accessibility Design
• Inclusive Design Operations
• Inclusive Design Innovation & Research
• Inclusive Design Strategy & Integration
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT?
The role is based in Amsterdam, Netherlands or Malmo, Sweden and you will report to the Global Accessibility Design Director (in recruitment currently).
If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please reach out to tech recruiter Carl-Johan Andersson at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be interviewing continuously and are looking forward to hearing from you!
We welcome applications that use assistive and adaptive technologies personally and professionally.
Internal title: Senior Accessibility Design Partner
Please respect that due to GDPR we cannot review any applications coming to us in other ways than through our recruitment program.
Our recruiting processes to be fully digital until final stages.