A11y Automation Lead
New York, NY,US
CVS Health aims to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and a best-in-class experience. CVS Health is currently taking on a major initiative to redesign and rebuild many of its customer facing digital assets. This effort will include a completely new approach to developing software within Aetna, using the latest design approaches, technologies, and processes.
We are looking for an A11y Automation Lead with experience working in a fast-paced, startup like environment. As a leader on the A11y Solutions Team, you will work with the Director to define and implement our A11y Automation strategy. You’ll partner closely with Engineering stakeholders across the organization to help make our digital platforms and ecosystem more inclusive by driving A11y into a comprehensive shift left model. You will be an A11y champion across many teams, and will also work with Engineering Managers, Tech Leads and leadership to mature the offering and ensure it exceeds the expectations of all customers and users.
- Define, build and roadmap A11y Automation tooling across the Engineering org.
- Align A11y Automation strategy with A11y Engineering test methodologies.
- Responsible for standardizing and embedding A11y Automation into team workflows across Web, iOS and Android platforms.
- Collaborate with engineers to teach A11y front-end best practices through documentation, training and consulting.
- Collect and interpret data on progress toward key milestones and metrics regarding the use of A11y automated tools.
-Develop an automated approach for externally monitoring the state of A11y for existing assets.
-Ensure internal Product stakeholders A11y needs /expectations are met and promote transparency by helping communicate through SAFe/SCRUM practice.
-Assist with test plan iterations and management of improvements to the A11y Engineering test process flow.
- 7 - 10 years of prior experience
- Expert ability to interpret and advise on accessibility standards, principles, techniques and best practices (including WCAG 2.1, Revised Sec 508, WAI-ARIA, ATAG )
- Expert knowledge of how applicable WCAG 2.1 success criteria map to development requirements for Web, iOS and Android applications.
- Expert knowledge of open source a11y tools and rulesets (e.g. axe-core)
- Ability to think outside of the box and be innovative when it comes to scaling solutions to complex A11y problems.
- Passion for building and helping others build accessible UIs
- Commitment to meeting high expectations of end users
- Strong knowledge of assistive technologies (JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum practices.
- Experience leading large cross functional project management initiatives.
- Advanced communication/presentation skills needed to represent your team with stakeholders and management.
- Strong understanding of supporting products in a SAFe environment specifically how current/future work is scheduled to come through planning, design, engineering and 3rd-party validation efforts
- Knowledge of Rally, Teams, Confluence and other cooperation tools
- Ability to train and coach colleagues on various A11y topics
- Ability to promote and share the importance of A11y
- Understanding the overlap between user experience and A11y
Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or similar field, or equivalent years of experience.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.