User Experience Designer, Accessible and Inclusive Design
Global Systems Search
New York, NY,USA
Our client is seeking a User Experience Designer with a focus on accessible and inclusive design. They have a strong mandate to create accessible digital products, and this role will drive accessible and inclusive design across thier products by working closely with colleagues in design and engineering. This position will collaborate with stakeholders, product managers and technologists to create exceptional experiences for our customers. Their UX team crosses many different types of customers, from general book consumers to college students and instructors. We have a collaborative design team environment and strive to make complex products easy for our customers to use. Their UX designers are embedded on projects from initial kickoff through implementation. The UX team practices a user-centered design approach to create products that engage and delight our customers. This position reports to the Director of User Experience.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
• Partner with UX designers to help define the team’s strategy, roadmap, and priorities for creating accessible digital products.
• Provide feedback and critique on accessibility and inclusion in design reviews.
• Have the autonomy to explore, drive, and implement inclusive design processes.
• Work on a variety of projects that leverage a diverse skill set including, but not limited to, design, research, workshop facilitation, and UX product strategy.
• Advocate to stakeholders and educate them on inclusive and accessible design practices.
• Be an advocate for inclusion, equity, and accessibility.
• Collaborate closely with colleagues to design intuitive experiences that meet business and user needs.
• Create well-crafted design deliverables.
• Present designs regularly to stakeholders, designers and colleagues on partner product development teams.
• Manage multiple projects and prioritize your tasks and deliverables.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
Experience and Skills:
• 3+ years’ experience designing for responsive web and mobile sites.
• Expert knowledge of accessible/inclusive design principles and methodologies.
• Strong understanding of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.x).
• Strong understanding of core web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS) and their interactions with assistive technology.
• Track record of influencing colleagues across product, engineering and UX.
• A capacity to give and receive critical feedback.
• Experience working on digital product teams.
• UX design portfolio that illustrates the product goals, user needs, project constraints, and solutions to those issues while prioritizing accessible design.
• Excellent visual, verbal, written communication and presentation skills; must be able to explain the strategy and rationale behind your work.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Employment eligibility to work with in the US is required.
• Must be able to work full business hours.
• We strive to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated is a condition of employment for all new hires. Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, or other conditions protected by applicable law.
• While this position is fully remote, occasional travel may be required.
Salary Range: $90000 - $130000