Digital Accessibility Trainer & Site Coordinator
This job is expired.
Are you passionate about ensuring websites and applications are readily accessible to end-users utilizing assistive technologies? Are you knowledgeable about the guidelines defined by WCAG 2.0/2.1, Section 508 and other accessibility standards? If you enjoy collaborating with Developers and QA Engineers on accessibility standards and best practices this might be the perfect role for you!
- Act as one of the go-to SMEs on accessibility, WCAG guidelines and code-level remediation solutions for junior accessibility team members; provide regular audit reviews to ensure internal compliance with best practices
- Prepare, run and report on feedback from user reviews and WCAG Audits
- Be an educational resource to product teams, and running office hours
- Identify quality issues proactively and setup training programs specific to teams or individuals to address them
- Train new team members on accessibility compliance testing on desktop and mobile devices
- Potentially run multiple projects with different customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in a professional Accessibility specialist capacity
- English spoken and written professional fluency
- Deep technical knowledge of accessibility; ability to provide code-level remediation and lead discussions with developers
- Experience in and deep understanding of accessibility, including assistive technologies and WCAG checkpoints
- Consulting agency experience and strong customer-facing skills
- Self-starter, self-motivated, rolling up your sleeves with a focus on getting things done
- Effectively multi task and manage concurrent activities
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment across the organization in a collaborative manner'
We work with some of the leading digital companies in the world, helping them to build amazing digital experiences for their customers. The work is exciting, innovative, and entrepreneurial. Our global community and tech platform enables us to provide innovative digital solutions that have a meaningful impact on our clients business.
Applause is a place where everyone belongs and where we believe everyone deserves the exceptional. Since our founding, we have continued to celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We have a global workforce that, like our crowd, embraces diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. Our employees bring their true self to Applause. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you are qualified to perform the essential functions of this role, but believe you require a reasonable accommodation to do so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be sure to include the role you are applying for and the nature of the reasonable accommodation you are seeking in your email.https://hrbrg.co/5gb9mp