This job is expired.
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
The Digital Accessibility team needs a Principal Engineer to oversee the accessibility strategy and execution of NIKE’s mobile products, including the Nike app, SNKRS, NTC, NRC, and Adapt. As a Principal Engineer, you will play a meaningful role to tackle sophisticated accessibility issues on iOS, Android, or both platforms, as well as creating process and consulting with engineering and product teams at NIKE on the accessibility of their features. You will need both accessibility subject matter expertise on the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and a deep technical architectural understanding of iOS and/or Android.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Leading NIKE’s mobile accessibility strategy on the Nike app, SNKRS, NTC, NRC, and Adapt
- Collaborating with mobile engineering and product teams at Nike on the accessibility of their new features through product, design, engineering, content, and quality stages
- Collaborating with our offshore engineering team in biweekly sprints
- Deep understanding of WCAG and mobile accessibility
- Experience developing, delivering, and supporting multiple native iOS or Android applications. Some experience on both iOS and Android is a plus, but not a requirement
- Excellent collaboration, relationship management, and cross-functional skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Experience resolving issues with higher levels of management
- Experience leading others in resolving sophisticated issues
- Advanced critical thinking and ability to creatively tackle sophisticated, unique problems with large business impact
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve both process and people related issues
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience and training
- 5-7+ years software engineering experience, including deep mobile experience
- Experience as a senior or lead mobile engineer, including technical mentoring of other team members
- Accessibility subject matter expertise, including WCAG and how it applies to mobile apps
- Ability to work effectively across a wide range of functions, teams, and levels of management
- Ability to partner with and influence key collaborators and technologists throughout Nike
- Strong organizational skills (multi-tasking) and a self-motivator
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to pass a 7-year background investigation
Open to remote work, except cannot work in South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate. For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $163,000 per year. Information about benefits can be found here.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.