Digital Accessibility Coordinator
New Orleans, LA,US
The Digital Accessibility Coordinator is an experienced web accessibility professional. This position plays an integral part in helping to ensure an effective compliance program university wide. The work includes collaborating with campus entities, departments, and committees to ensure the accessibility of technology, systems, applications, websites, and other digital accessibility features employed in Tulane programs and services.
The Digital Accessibility Coordinator demonstrates experience and leadership in promoting and implementing accessibility measures in EIT. This position is the key advocate, expert, and first contact for the University community on questions about web accessibility. The individual in this role has proven strengths in communication skills.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of principles guiding the application of reasonable modifications under the ADA.
• Experience drafting accessible technology guidelines, procedures, and policies.
• Demonstrated experience in training and public speaking.
• Effective communication, listening, and negotiation skills.
• Experience evaluating third-party technology systems against accessibility standards.
• Ability to create clear, concise documentation.
• Ability to assimilate and organize large bodies of diverse information.
• Ability to test electronic information with automated testing tools and assistive technology such as screen readers, screen magnifiers, and speech recognition software.
Required Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of experience in web accessibility
• Expertise in WCAG 2.0 standards and Section 508 accessibility requirements in conjunction with knowledge of the Americans with Disability Act Amendments (ADAA) and other relevant laws and regulations in a complex higher education environment and how these laws directly impact what services may be provided and how those services are delivered.
• User Experience skills.
• Website content editing skills.
• Project management experience.
• Experience in higher education.
• Knowledge of accessible web development, including HTML, CSS, etc.
• Familiarity with current Drupal and/or WordPress versions as content management systems.
• Experience working with people with disabilities in an electronic information technology accessibility context.
• Ability to manage an operational budget.
This position is a exempt, salaried position assigned to pay grade 25PREM. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
How to Apply
This position will close on the date it is filled
Please Note: Tulane University has officially adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, which includes the requirement of a booster when eligible. All employees and visiting faculty must be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination or obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to beginning employment.
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this job.
Tulane University is committed to creating a community and culture that foster a sense of belonging for all. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We are intentionally seeking candidates who are committed to fostering equity, diversity, and inclusion in support of Tulane’s Strategy for Tomorrow.
Tulane University is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact the Office of Human Resources & Institutional Equity by phone at 504-865-4748 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.