UX Accessibility Consultant (Contract to Hire)
Atlanta, TX; Dallas, TX; New York, NY; Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN,USA
Our Accessibility Consultants ensure that prospects and customers (internal and external) with disabilities experience the same level of service and functionality as those without disabilities.
The Accessibility Consultant is a key stakeholder during the design, prototyping and defect analysis processes, including creating and validating accessibility user stories, evaluating prototypes, reviewing designs and wireframes, as well as creating materials to educate others about accessibility. In addition, this candidate will partner with our business lines to ensure the user experience (UX) we present to consumers is accessible and meets company standards.
Use Deque Systems' tools (DevTools, Auditor, Monitor, University, etc.) and automated and manual accessibility testing techniques (defect logging).
1. Serve as a digital accessibility consultant for the design, evaluation and remediation of defects / issues by analyzing digital products for accessibility. Collaborate with experience architects, developers, researchers, product owners, test teams and designers to find workable solutions and to ensure specifications are clearly defined.
2. Review products using manual and automated techniques to ensure we design accessible products.
3. Collaborate with teams to determine road maps to reach desired results.
4. Assist with research and coordination of response to consumer feedback.
5. Actively participate in design and testing protocols.
6. Collaboratively partner with UXDesign peers (visual designers, content writers, user experience architects, researchers, prototypers, and strategists) to create world class customer experiences
7. Develop guidelines for architects, designers and developers to aid in compliance with the current version of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). Engage in quality audits and assist with remediation roadmaps where necessary.
8. Partner with business analysts, developers, accessibility consultants, testers, product owners and compliance specialists to translate requirements into experience architectures
9. Reviews artifacts and deliverables from peers to ensure they accurately represent or improve upon the layout, design and interaction patterns
10. Mentor others on the use of assistive technology from the user’s perspective.
11. Collaborate in the development and implementation of outreach and training for designers, developers, content providers, product owners, business line representation and internal employees.
12. Remain abreast of trends and developments in the area of web, application and software accessibility / inclusion.
13. Formally observe user interviews and usability sessions
14. Work concurrently on multiple tasks or projects in an agile environment
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with JAWS, NVDA, iOS VoiceOver, and/or Android Talkback, Advanced user of these tools is preferred
• Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS) Certification a plus
• IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC) preferred.
Please send resume to my email firstname.lastname@example.org