Location: N. Carpenter St., Chicago, IL 60607 – 100% Remote option available
*Please note that this role will be 100% remote until client decides to resume normal office activity. This role can be 100% remote for the duration of this assignment
Duration: 18+ Month
Pay Rate: $50-$55/W2
*Opening 2 focuses on testing and ability to manage tools including both mobile and web testing experience and is more of a technical role.
Overview: The CRS Group is currently looking for an Accessibility Specialist for one of our clients in Chicago, IL. The CRS Group is a nationwide Staffing Firm who works primarily with Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 corporations.
• The Accessibility Specialist is responsible for ensuring digital platform properties meet the WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility standards as well as accessibility related laws globally.
• The ideal candidate will be an empathetic and collaborative problem-solver who communicates effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders who is committed to delivering accessible websites and apps for all business areas.
• Strong experience with assessing digital products against WCAG 2.1 level AA
• Fluent use of common assistive technology tools to support individuals who are blind or have low vision, predominantly NVDA, JAWS, and magnification tools (i.e., ZoomText) and mobile accessibility (Voiceover, TalkBack, Magnification/Zoom)
• General awareness and understanding of technical, legal, and compliance issues related to accessibility
• Undertake brief initial assessment of products to determine appropriate testing and remediation approaches
• Produce understandable reports regarding accessibility issues and impacts
• As necessary, work alongside QA teams to ensure proper testing techniques and appropriate reporting
• Understanding about disability, accessibility, and inclusion
• Ability to work independently and in small groups effectively and efficiently
• Self-motivated and proactive about work priorities alongside use of good judgment
• Confident and able to work across different digital platforms.
• Ability to manage a diverse workload
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Demonstrate effective, appropriate, and consistent communication skills
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Salary Range: $90000 - $100000