Senior Analyst, Digital Accessibility
This position is responsible for guiding Royal Caribbean internal organization and its brands to creating digital experiences that are accessible to all regardless of ability. You will be a key member of our project teams, evaluating and providing accessible solutions for web-based and mobile products, educating and promoting the practice of building accessible products, as well as mentoring others in methods and techniques for addressing accessibility barriers. Additionally, you will influence policies and guidelines for Royal Caribbean Group and collaborate across our team to influence accessibility standards.
This role will report to the Manager, Digital Accessibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As Senior Analyst, Digital Accessibility, you will:
· Manage and configure automated accessibility testing platforms. Aggregate the results through data analytics and business intelligence programs into periodic reports and dashboards.
· Perform manual testing on digital properties and apps through scorecards, issue tickets and internal reports. Develop a testing plan and manage user testing through third parties.
· Based on findings, assist digital teams in resolving accessibility issues for all digital properties.
Establish and track ongoing mandatory accessibility training for digital project teams (QA, UX and Business Content) and generate engagement reports from attendance and completion data.
· Train internal digital teams on using automated testing tools, conducting design reviews, and performing manual testing.
· Create and maintain an intranet that includes best practices documentation, State of Accessibility Reports, a calendar of events, blog posts, and links to external resources and training.
· Provide support and office hours as a subject matter expert (SME).
· Responsible for managing assigned budget and targets.
You are a fit for the role of Senior Analyst, Digital Accessibility, if you have:
· BA/BS in information science, information/UX design, computer science, human computer interaction (HCI), instructional design, quality assurance, learning technology, assistive technology, software development, related field or equivalent industry training/experience.
· 3+ years relevant experience in software development, web development or related field.
· 3+ years working with Accessibility teams and/or accessibility related projects.
· Certification in accessibility, such as Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC), Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS), Department of Homeland Security Trusted Tester, or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Be an expert in both consulting and conducting comprehensive accessibility testing against the WCAG 2.1 (AA) Success Criteria using the following methodologies: visual analysis; screen reader reviews; color sampling; keyboard only; gesture only; and code reviews.
· Experience with Assistive Technology (e.g screen readers, magnifiers, alternative input, voice dictation, etc) for desktop and mobile.
Strong understanding of digital platforms, design principles, techniques and frameworks. Knowledge and ability to use JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver (OSX & iOS), and Android Talkback during testing and/or alongside users during usability testing
· Ability to mentor others in methods and techniques for addressing accessibility barriers on web applications and mobile devices and in a variety of forums.
· Experience working within constraints of user-centered design principles and tools.
· Experience with Agile software development practices.
· Experience and understanding of VPATs / ACR review and creation.
· Knowledge of creating accessible documents and document remediation - examples include PDF, PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel.
· Ability to manage multiple projects at one time with attention to detail.
· Ability to work collaboratively and productively both with diverse teams and independently.
· Strong project management, organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
· Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
· Can-do attitude.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
Operate a computer for 40 hours a week
Participate in remote meetings
Host presentations to stakeholders and team members
**It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCG and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment. **