Top Skills' Details
1. 5+ years of Website Accessibility Experience, specifically guiding training and consulting of A11Y
2. Experience using Screen Readers (NVDA, JAWS, etc). Screen Magnifiers (MAGic), and/or Speech Recognition Software (Dragon)
4. Solid knowledge of Web Accessibility standards (WCAG 2.1, 21st Century CVAA, etc)
Web Accessibility Trainer / Consultant
Are you passionate and have empathy for the experience on the web for customers with disabilities? Are you a mature, technical, and experienced professional capable of providing world class training to improve accessibility for websites working across different disciplines (e.g. management, design, content, publishing, engineering)? If yes, then read on!
The Accessibility team has an immediate opening for an Accessibility Trainer to help drive organizational training across Marketing related to Web Accessibility. We are actively seeking someone to report to the Sr. Accessibility Program Manager and who will contribute to and/or lead projects to improve the Accessibility of customer experiences across Marketing. The candidate will teach novice and experienced individuals and teams about Web Accessibility and how to improve the user experience for all individuals. Training is in various formats, including written and online webinar and online workshop sessions. We expect this role and program will have high visibility, so strong communication, innovative thinking, and attention to detail are critical to success.
Identify the top problem areas or issues impacting the Customer Experience on Marketing Websites for customers with disabilities, and drive the appropriate training across the organization that will have a broad impact on the customers’ perception and experience.
• Deliver customized trainings across a variety of accessibility topics.
• Be recognized and act as an accessibility and usability subject matter authority across web experiences, staying ahead of industry trends and best practices. Work closely with other accessibility, design and usability specialists.
• Work across web teams and disciplines to deliver significant improvements in identified areas. Collaborate with diverse team to execute Website Accessibility requirements.
• Be agile and flexible in planning through deep understanding of various design, content publishing and platforms that influence how accessibility improvements are implemented.