Associate Accessibility Engineer
As an Accessibility Engineer, you will help ensure accessibility of technology for people with disabilities and older users, with an emphasis on accessibility of Web technologies and guidelines, mobile accessibility, and native applications. The successful candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multi-task a variety of demanding assignments without a degradation of work quality.
Scope of Work
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position.
Associate Accessibility Engineer will advise our clients on how to make their digital offerings conform with the standards of accessibility and maximize the usability for users with disabilities. An emphasis will be placed on evaluating the accessibility of Web technologies, mobile accessibility, and native applications using internationally recognized standards, guidelines, and techniques. The successful candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multi-task a variety of demanding assignments.
• Perform accessibility evaluations of web pages, desktop applications, mobile apps, and other emerging platforms.
• Intelligently apply accessibility testing tools, use assistive technology, and perform expert manual analysis of client products using the TPGi ARC platform.
• Clearly document your accessibility findings and recommendations for our clients, building upon the extensive base content found in our ARC Knowledge Base
• Participate in occasional accessibility training to clients, virtually and on-site as warranted.
• Answer accessibility related questions from clients to ensure our insights are actionable.
• Provide ongoing “agile” accessibility development support to our Helpdesk clients through the TPGi ARC platform.
• Keep up to date with the latest developments in the field of accessibility.
• Collaborate with other team members to deliver the best solution for the client.
• Represent TPGi proudly at industry conferences and via social media, where appropriate.
• Honest with integrity and a passion for accessibility.
• Reliable, dependable, and trustworthy; someone the TPGi team can count on.
• An advocate of continuous learning; able to absorb and share new ideas, approaches, and techniques for achieving accessibility.
• Self-motivated and able to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent analytical skills with strong written and oral communications; able to express findings and insights in an actionable manner for our clients.
• Excited to be a part of a fast-growing company.
• Eager to be heard and willing to contribute ideation to our innovation initiatives.
• Help us build an accessible future.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent degree/relevant experience, preferred.
• Have three (3) to five (5) years of experience working in the accessibility field, preferred.
• Knowledge of accessibility techniques in native mobile applications, preferred.
• Experience with the TPGi ARC Platform preferred.
• Must be familiar with the issues of accessibility faced by people with disabilities and aging populations.
• Must have in-depth knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).
• Should have experience with assistive technologies across multiple platforms, including screen readers, magnification, and read-aloud tools.
• Must have effective working experience with a variety of accessibility verification tools, assistive technologies, and accessibility standards.
• Must be able to quickly adapt to new accessibility tools and the TPGi ARC Platform.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
If you have a passion for excellence and want to work with an outstanding team of experts, working in an exciting, challenging, fast-paced environment for the world’s leading assistive technology company, please send your resume to Careers@TPGi.com
The typical salary range for this position is USD $50,000-$65,000 based on experience and geographic location. This position is remote.
Only candidates with USA citizenship and residency will be considered based on client mandates.
Salary Range: $50000 - $65000