Customer Success Engineer (CSE)
Help us build a more inclusive web.
Assistiv Labs seeks a motivated, customer-oriented web developer with deep accessibility knowledge or a highly-technical web accessibility auditor with excellent client-communication skills to join our growing team. The successful candidate will help our customers make their work more accessible to people using assistive technologies.
Hiring someone with strong skills in both engineering and accessibility makes for a challenging talent search, but we’re excited to put in the work to find a good fit. And if it does fit you, it’ll be a rewarding experience—we guarantee it!
Customer Success Engineers (CSEs) at Assistiv Labs build long-term relationships with our customers, helping them enhance the accessibility of their products by collaborating with them to create test plans, translate test plans into automated tests, and provide interpretation of test results.
Your primary focus will be to interface with accessibility and quality professionals, developers, and product managers at companies who have contracted for our services. Don’t worry, you won’t have to do sales! 😅
This role will be best filled either by:
- A web programmer, ideally with test automation and accessibility experience, with the curiosity to build expertise in WCAG and related accessibility guidelines, or…
In both of the preceding cases, we recognize we’ll be asking you to lean hard into adding to your base of skills. We will provide support for that journey in the form of training, both on-the-job and external/formal as warranted.
We highly value teamwork and collaboration at Assistiv Labs, so excellent, English-language communication skills are essential for this role. More important than digital accessibility experience is your desire to help make the web more inclusive and your readiness to learn more about accessibility.
The CSE role will include the following tasks:
- Onboard new customers by gathering their test coverage goals and product details, then collaboratively creating their test plan according to our methodology
- Create test scripts based on customer test plans
- Automate running of tests on a daily basis
- Deliver test result reports
- Auto-heal tests where appropriate
- Interpret failing tests
- File issues in customer’s issue tracker
- Communicate with customers around test results, especially any gray areas
- Build understanding of customer needs around accessibility test automation
We’re looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Excellent written English-language communication skills
- Knowledge of web accessibility
- Interest in learning more about web accessibility
- A love of helping others achieve their objectives
- Familiarity with processes and systems related to software development including continuous integration and automated testing
Assistiv Labs makes the web better by building tools that enable developers, quality assurance engineers, designers, and accessibility specialists to validate their work on assistive technologies across operating systems and at scale. Our customers include Slack, Asana, ServiceNow, eBay, and more.
We’re an early-stage startup with both founders located in/near Portland, OR. This means you will have the opportunity to heavily influence both our technical and product direction. We’re building tools to make the web more inclusive and this is just the beginning.
Our team is highly technical with decades of experience working for companies including Apple and Microsoft. We’re attempting to create new categories of tools within accessibility to enable companies to be orders of magnitude more efficient in their accessibility efforts so they can better serve everyone.
It’s exciting work because the potential impact is so large. Join us!
You’ll join a small team that’s hyper-focused on building tools to help companies make their products more accessible. We are driven by a shared commitment to building a more inclusive web.
We are a young company, so we don’t (yet) offer all of the benefits of bigger companies. But, we wholeheartedly believe you will grow in your career by working on solving hard problems alongside our team. And, we promise to have fun along the way!
Here’s what we do offer:
- Equity in the form of stock options
- Health insurance reimbursements (ICHRA)
- 401K management via Empower (once we have a bit more revenue we will add employer matching of contributions)
- Paid attendance (transportation, hotels, admission, meals) to at least one industry conference (e.g., a11yTO Conf) per calendar year
Assistiv Labs is an inclusive workplace. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns around the hiring process or employment with us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Send us an email at email@example.com and let us know why you’re a good fit for the role.
People from underrepresented groups, especially those with connections to the accessibility & disability communities, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary Range: $75000 - $100000