Senior Research Scientist: Accessibility and ML
Are you looking to help positively affect millions of people across the globe? The Accessibility+Machine Learning Research Group is looking for, collaborative, innovative and passionate research scientists in machine learning and AI (e.g., computer vision, natural language processing, time series analysis) who want to make user interface technology more accessible and inclusive. Accessibility is a precise complement to the goals of AI — developing automated approaches for perception, reasoning and understanding can facilitate cooperative user experiences that are better able to adapt to a user's abilities or context. Apple has long been the leader in accessible products — we are looking for researchers to both deepen and broaden this ongoing legacy with research that makes today's products more intelligent and invent innovative solutions to make tomorrow even more accessible.
• Accomplished academic and publication record
• Deep understanding of relevant literature and prior work in area of focus
• Deep technical skills in developing new machine learning approaches and/or user-facing applications
• Ability to explain and present technical ideas
• Creative, collaborative, and ambitious
In this role, you will craft new models and algorithms for problems motivated by accessibility; invent new applications of existing approaches to improve accessibility; release and study the impact of this work at large scale in products; and, publish your work at top venues and help form the research culture at Apple.
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Education & Experience
• PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Machine Learning, Computer Science, or related discipline, or
• MS in related discipline with a strong academic track record, and 3+ years of research experience in academia or industry