Digital Accessbility Consultant
Beacon Hill Technologies - End Client is a Large Financial Firm
Uptown - Charlotte OR Saint Louis, MO,USA
This job is expired.
Duration: through 2020 (more than likely to extension through 2021)
Location: STL or Charlotte (3 Wells Fargo)
Interview: 30 min Phone then 1 hour F2F/Video
Why Open? Backfill for contractor that is leaving Friday
• Additional note: We’re open to background – they could come from design, front-end development, even PDF creation – as long as they have skills indicated below. The person that is leaving was pretty senior (could be considered a SME) he prefers someone senior.
Day to Day
• Act as the main liaison with external design or development vendors
o Educate the vendor on accessibility requirements and how Assistive Technologies work
o Answer questions and test their work for accessibility compliance
o Own the day to day communications with the vendor
o Track progress towards defect resolution, and report out status regularly
Nature of the project:
• Been doing accessibility for digital platforms for little over 5 years but still have a ton of clean up work to do on properties built by vendors.
• Bringing people in to do clean up – need SME’s to guide vendors and make sure they’re doing what they need to do
• Reviewing/recommending design changes, testing with different test technologies, meeting standards doing remediation work.
• PURE accessibility.
• Hands-on experience using Assistive Technologies, like JAWS, NVDA, Mac VoiceOver, iOS VoiceOver, Android Talkback, High Contrast Mode & magnification settings, keyboard-only, ZoomText, Dragon Naturally Speaking to evaluate accessibility compliance of digital platforms and content
• Experience consulting on accessible design and/or code and/or digital content (more than just having had worked on one project)
• Strong knowledge of WCAG 2.0/2.1
• Ability to closely collaborate with Technology and Business teams to solve for complex issues, negotiating for the most accessible design given existing constraints
Basic skills for working with UCD/WFA
• Must be able to work comfortably on a PC
• Previous large company experience is a huge plus
• Brokerage/banking experience is a plus, but not required
• Collaborative attitude – we are a very low-ego group that work to solve problems together, not as individuals
• Ability to quickly understand concepts and contribute value
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Ability to effectively take direction and work somewhat autonomously while staying on task
• Ability to juggle multiple efforts at once and track and communicate them appropriately
• Ability to work effectively with partners located remotely via email and phone