Digital Accessibility Supervisor
State of Colorado
This announcement may be used to fill multiple openings.
* Position is term-limited with funding through June 30, 2025
* The Department of Health Care Policy & Financing (HCPF) oversees and operates Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program), Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+), and other state public health programs for qualified Coloradans. Our mission is to improve health care equity, access and outcomes for the people we serve while saving Coloradans money on health care and driving value for Colorado.
We are committed to increasing the diversity of our staff and providing culturally responsive programs and services. Therefore, we encourage responses from people of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
We are looking for a Digital Accessibility Unit Supervisor to join our Legal Team in the Policy, Communication & Administration Office!
As part of the State of Colorado, HCPF offers a competitive benefits package:
* PERA retirement benefits including PERA Defined Benefit Plan, PERA Defined Contribution Plan, plus 401K and 457 plans
* Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage
* Automatic Short-Term and Optional Long-Term Disability Coverage
* Life and AD&D Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) job protection and State of Colorado Paid Family Medical Leave (PFML)
* 11 Paid Holidays Annually and Accrued Annual and Sick Leave
* Accrued Sick Leave for State of Colorado Temporary Employees
* Flexplace and Flextime work arrangements
* Variety of discounts on services and products available through the State of Colorado's Work-Life Employment Discount Program
* Free RTD Eco Pass to all eligible State Employees
* Credit Union of Colorado Membership Eligibility
* Some positions may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. For more information, go to https://(Use the "Apply for this Job" box below). -programs
This position can work fully remotely from anywhere in the State of Colorado.
Please note - equipment provisioning and certain onboarding tasks will take place in person, in our downtown Denver office, on the first day of employment.
Description of Job
What you'll be doing:
Position supervises the Digital Accessibility Unit, and is responsible for managing the team that ensures Department-wide coordination to bring all websites, digital content and applications into compliance with accessibility regulations and standards (WCAG 2.1). Position maintains reports on progress for compliance with HB21-1110 and advises leadership on status and needs; leads vendor accessibility testing and remediation of websites; leads coordination of usability testing with people with disabilities, digital content and applications;
and manages a team of specialized term-limited FTE required to meet digital accessibility compliance standards. Position is the senior authority between the Department and OIT on HB21-1110 compliance efforts. Position works with the Accessible Technology Specialist, Procurement Officer, contract managers, and other program managers to identify third-party resources (such as professional services, technology systems and tools, or content) for use in providing digital products, ensure accessibility requirements are included when sourcing and procuring digital products and technologies, ensure accessibility is prioritized when designing, developing, and managing digital products, apply person-centered and inclusive design practices to product development, and ensure compliance with state and federal accessibility requirements.
Position ensures compliance with non-functional requirements (e.g., security, privacy) for technology procurement and professional services, and is responsible for evaluating and responding to accessibility compliance reports, such as ACRs, and working with internal staff and 3rd parties to improve support for digital accessibility (e.g., through product accessibility roadmaps and design systems).
Minimum Qualifications , Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
This posting is only open to residents of the State of Colorado at the time of submitting your application.
Class Code & Classification
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT I
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in public health, human services, and/or health policy or a field of study related to the work assignment
Four years of professional experience:
* Monitoring Digital Assessibility and ADA compliance while assessing organizational legal risks to avoid litigation and fines.
* Experience in testing and remediation of digital accessibility issues across multiple platforms and tools.
* Interpreting legal implications, regulations, and/or legislation
* Personnel management, supervisory, and coaching experience.