Accessibility Operations Lead
Palo Alto, California,US
Job ID R1810467
VMware is looking for a hands-on leader to help drive our Accessibility Compliance Program championing our goal of innovative accessible and inclusive products for all our customers around the world.
As the Accessibility Ops Lead on the Accessibility team, you will be responsible for supporting our Accessibility program focusing on ongoing VPAT compliance and remediation. This is a critical part of our global product development process to insure we strive for best practices within industry accessibility standards. You will work across our product organization and suite of VMware’s products from compute and cloud to networking and security. You will be directly contributing to our goal to build accessible products for everyone. You should be able to:
· Assist in driving our accessibility governance model, managing relationships with external auditors, coordinating with product teams and business partners to align VPAT roadmaps and budget planning for ongoing compliance
· Display knowledge of current and evolving regulations including Section 508, WCAG 2.0 AA and 2.1 AA
· Assist in the planning and execution of periodic VPAT assessments by partnering with 3rd party auditors, legal, and service/product owners.
· Drive the process of onboarding vendors performing accessibility related services including NDAs, contracts, and SOWs
· Deploy accessibility related training to multiple audiences
· Help translate requirements to business partners to align compliance requirements
· Align with program management and release management teams continually improving the compliance process including scheduling and planning of testing and remediation
· Effectively communicate program execution status, accomplishments and risks to leadership
· Have experience in collaborating and building relationships with stakeholders across a large organization with competing priorities and demands to align efforts and gain adoption.
· Experience in program management type role with some accessibility or compliance experience
· Familiarity with US and global government laws in highly regulated industries
· Highly self-motivated and directed professional with keen attention to detail
· Working knowledge of accessibility and assistive technology
· Strong business and technical understanding
· Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, agile environment to prioritize and meet timelines
· Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities
· Attention to detail, strong organization and follow-up skills
· Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to effectively work with all stakeholders and customers to improve data and business processes and to negotiate priorities.
Great if you also have:
· Experience in using assistive technology including screen readers, switches, and keyboard-only testing
· Ability to translate designs into instructions that developers can use to execute accessible software implementation
· Experience with accessible web development and testing
· Experience in delivering workflow improvements to existing processes
· Accessibility-related certification (508 Trusted Tester, CPACC, WAS, inclusive/universal design, ADA Coordinator)
· Project Management or Change Management certification
· Knowledge of existing VMware products and services
· Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) products and services
￼We're a dedicated team that moves fast, upholds Accessibility, Design, and Engineering quality; values consistency and simplicity and focuses on customers and their needs. We work together and value "we" over "me". We believe in inclusion both within our team and in the way we build products and make that clear in the way we hire, design, and execute. We value growth and encourage, not just respect, our differences. We're the organization to "get it done" together. We're not afraid to make new mistakes, learn from them, and grow together as a team and an organization.
We love what we do and build products that are used by hundreds of thousands of productive individuals and organizations around the world.
This position is eligible for the DiversifyCPBU referral campaign