Temporary Associate, Website Accessibility
Joliet Junior College
For full consideration, unofficial transcripts for the required degree (if applicable) must be attached and submitted at the time of application.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the following:
• Post-offer, satisfactory results of pre-employment background check
• Post-offer, satisfactory results of pre-employment Drug Screening for employees that are new to the College
• Post-offer, satisfactory results of pre-employment physical exam in circumstances where the nature of the work renders it appropriate or where Federal law or regulation requires
Would you like to work for one of the first choices of employment?
Do you want to be part of a strategic organization?
One that prides itself on educating our future workforce.
Tucked in the middle of a wildlife preserve, bridging the banks of a lake and surrounded by its own Arboretum, Joliet Junior College is an educational community that embraces diversity and promotes personal growth. Each year, more than 35,000 students find the diverse, comprehensive high quality educational experience they are looking for at JJC. We hope that you will take a few minutes to explore the job opportunities we have available and consider becoming a part of this experience.
The recruitment of qualified and diverse faculty and staff is the cornerstone of JJC’s commitment to an innovative, collaborative and inclusive educational community. At JJC, we respect the wealth of knowledge and experience each of our employees brings to the workplace. The college supports this commitment by providing full-time employees with a comprehensive benefits package for our full-time employees including:
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (employee & family)
Flexible Spending Account
403(b) and 457(b) option for pre-tax retirement savings
Joliet Junior College Tuition Assistance (employee & family)
Long Term Disability
Life Insurance & a comprehensive leave plan including:
Link to Human Resources website
POSITION TITLE: TEMPORARY ASSOCIATE, WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY
STATUS: Part Time TEMPORARY grant-funded through 6/30/19
DEPARTMENT: Disability Services
DIVISION: Student Development
REPORTS TO: Manager of Disability Services
PLACEMENT: support staff grade 6
MINIMUM PAY RATE: $18.40 per hour
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
Position assists Joliet Junior College’s Webmaster and Web Developers with maintaining compliance with Section 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 and the standards of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. Collaborates with the JJC Website Development team to actively address accessibility issues discovered in its externally and internally facing websites. Ensures that the content included on these sites meets the highest accessibility standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Review and provide updates to websites using Siteimprove ensuring Section 508 and WCAG compliance.
2. Update alternative text descriptions of photos/images, text equivalents for every photo, image, logo or other non-text element.
3. Run and analyze accessibility reports to plan and manage additional repairs.
4. Check online forms using assistive technology including but not limited to Kurzweil and JAWS.
5. Test the assistive technologies’ abilities to bypass multiple lists of navigation links or logos to get to the main content.
6. Confirm contrast between the information on the web page and the background color.
7. Enable closed-captioning of videos and multi-media resources.
8. Create new semantic-web content descriptors on web resources and adjust content text-tags.
9. Document work that has been performed, provide update reports as requested, and manage a series of updates.
10. Ensure pages work within established a frequency and rate per WCAG requirements.
11. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Experience with website design and development with both HTML and a CMS (Drupal, Sharepoint, WordPress etc.)
2. Knowledge of website content accessibility design and issues
4. Ability to access a website and adjust website content through a managed system such as an FTP file server or other CMS framework
5. Not enrolled in classes at Joliet Junior College as of January 1, 2019.
1. Associate’s degree in Web Design
2. Identifiable work experience with website design and development with both HTML and CMS (Drupal, Sharepoint, WordPress etc.)
3. Enrollment in a 4-year degree program to continue studies in technology.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Application Procedures: “Apply to this Job at employment.jjc.edu”
Application Deadline: December 14, 2018
All offers of employment are contingent upon the following:
• Satisfactory results of a background check
• Post-offer, pre-employment Drug Screening for employees that are new to the College
• Post-offer, pre-employment physical exam in circumstances where the nature of the work renders it appropriate or where Federal law or regulation requires
Joliet Junior College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action college supporting diversity.
ANNUAL CLERY SAFETY REPORT (ASR) NOTICE FIRE SAFETY REPORT (FSA) and MISSING PERSON POLICY (MPP) FOR STUDENTS RESIDING IN “ON CAMPUS” STUDENT HOUSING
Joliet Junior College is committed to assisting members of the JJC community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual CLERY security compliance document along with the Fire Safety Report (FSR) and the Missing Person Policy (MPP) for students residing in “on campus” student housing is available at the JJC Police Department website :
If you would like to receive the ASR, FSR or MPP in booklet form, you may stop by the Campus Police Department located on Main Campus in G 1013 or call Campus Police at 815-280-2234. The website and booklet contain information regarding campus security and personal safety such as crime prevention and reporting, police law enforcement authority, disciplinary procedures and other related security policies. They also contain information about crime statistics for the three previous years for all JJC campuses, property owned and controlled by JJC District 525 and on public property immediately adjacent to JJC campuses.
This information is required by law and is made available by the Joliet Junior College Police Department.