Accessibility Consultant (Contract)
iFactory creates websites for higher education, non-profit, publishing, and healthcare. We are expanding our web accessibility audit and remediation services, and are seeking an experienced auditor on a contract basis.
* We believe accessibility should be a foundational part of all web-based experiences.
* We’ve worked with organizations that specialize in serving those with disabilities, and we understand the nuances of making sites accessible.
What you will do
* Test websites for compliance against WCAG 2.1 AA success criteria using automated tools and manual inspection.
* Document findings in an actionable report.
* Present findings to clients who have varying levels of awareness of accessibility in a way that is understandable.
* Supervise remediation – communicate best practices to developers, respond to issues in a ticketing system, and verify correct implementation of fixes.
What you should have
* Expert understanding of WCAG 2.0/2.1 success criteria, techniques, and failures, as well as Section 508.
* Familiarity with WAI-ARIA, PDF accessibility, and other relevant standards.
* Familiarity with assistive technology, including common screen readers, OS accessibility features, and testing tools.
* Understanding of common disabilities (sight, hearing, motor, cognitive) and how they relate to web use.
* Ability to prioritize recommendations based on severity of violation, impact on users, and ease of implementation.
* Proven ability to be thorough and accurate with auditing.
* Comfort juggling numerous audits and a high volume of remediation issues.
* A passion for web accessibility and creating great experiences for all users regardless of ability.
* Prior examples of auditing websites and managing remediation.
How to apply
Please send your resume and one sample of a website audit to firstname.lastname@example.org. RDW Group, Inc./iFactory is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.