PROJECT MANAGER, DIGITAL CONTENT ACCESSIBILITY
Santa Rosa,UNITED STATES
This job is expired.
PROJECT MANAGER, DIGITAL CONTENT ACCESSIBILITY
Access Ingenuity is a California Assistive Technology and Accessibility Consulting company that offers a wide variety of assistive technology devices and consulting services to help organizations and people with disabilities maintain their independence. Our products and services are sold and supported by a highly experienced and motivated professional staff, many of whom work remotely. Our main office is in sunny Santa Rosa, California, in the heart of Northern California’s wine country. Access Ingenuity is a small business, and flexibility as well as the willingness to learn are key attributes we seek in our staff.
Due to continued growth, Access Ingenuity is urgently seeking an outstanding candidate to fill the position of Project Manager for our Digital Content Accessibility projects. The role will largely be focused on managing small- and large-scale document accessibility projects, as well as other projects, such as video remediation and web accessibility testing.
The key responsibilities of the Project Manager will be to nurture client relationships and manage resources and project schedules to ensure on time and successful completion of projects. If you are organized, creative, detail oriented, diplomatic and have excellent judgement and problem-solving skills, you would be perfect for this role.
Part of the job responsibilities will also involve verifying that work has been completed as per the clients’ requirements and our internal guidelines. As such, we are also looking for someone with experience working with Adobe Acrobat Pro and MS Office, as well as an interest in learning about disabilities and the technology used by people with disabilities (screen readers, magnification software, voice recognition software) for testing.
* Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
* Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
* Coordinate internal and external resources and high volumes of files for efficient execution of projects
* Assign and track itemized project tasks
* Proofread and spot check finished work before sending back to the client
* Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress, to be shared with clients and internally
* Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs
* Report and escalate to management as needed to resolve potential concerns before they become large issues
* Meet with clients to identify, recap and review specific requirements of each project
* Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
* Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
* Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
* Assist in the preparation of bids and proposals for new business
* Understand how to create accessible documents (final format: PDF) from PDF, MS Word, and InDesign. The process involves setting the tags in the PDF document so that they are accessible to people with disabilities and comply with WCAG 2.0 requirements
* Test documents for accessibility conformance to WCAG 2.1 requirements including keyboard and screen reader testing, using tools such as JAWS, NVDA, and VoiceOver
* Use and continually develop leadership skills
* Attend conferences and training as required and desired to maintain proficiency
* Perform other related duties as assigned
* Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
* The ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple projects efficiently
* Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
* Strong ownership and initiative – self-starter and finisher
* Good judgment – the ability to make a good decision independently combined with the ability to ask for advice or assistance when necessary
* Intermediate to advanced skills in Adobe Acrobat Pro, MS Word, MS Excel
* Strong PC aptitude and knowledge
* Excellent writing skills
* Stable work history, including strong attendance and work ethic
MOST COMPETITIVE CANDIDATES
* BA/BS from a 4-year university or equivalent
* Demonstrated experience in project management
* Experience in accessible document remediation
* Experience in accessibility testing and reporting
* Familiarity with assistive and automated technologies (JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, WAVE, axe)
* Familiarity with Section 508 and Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) guidelines and specifications–W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1 A and AA), Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA)
* Fluency in a second language, particularly Spanish
Access Ingenuity offers competitive compensation depending on experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
Access Ingenuity affords equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, veteran or marital status.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Michael Parker, firstname.lastname@example.org 707-579-4380 X101