Our Client is looking for a Sr. Accessibility Designer with experience working in fast-paced, startup like environment.This is one of our top clients and we have been successful in building out entire teams for this organization. This role will be temp to permanent, 40 hours/week, paid on an hourly rate plus very highly subsidized benefits. This role will start working remotely but after COVID19 restrictions are lifted, the goal is to have this person onsite in Boston, MA
We believe everyone deserves good design. As a key member of the Design team, you will help ensure that the User Experience of our digital platform and ecosystem is built with accessibility in mind. Partner with product managers/owners and leadership to increase attention to the needs of our customers and community. Grow your skill set and knowledge base by working alongside talented and passionate teammates from diverse backgrounds. Coach, support and empower UX, UI and content strategists on principles of accessibility and inclusive design.
What You’ll Do
• Advise Product, Design and Engineering teams (iOS, Android and Web) to best accessibility practices and accessibility related decisions
• Collaborate with people with disabilities to learn how to remove barriers within our products
• Conduct usability studies involving people with disabilities to establish benchmarks and identify KPIs to improve products over time
• Ensure that every feature delivered through the Design organization encapsulates all the information needed to build an accessible experience by acting as a coach for UX UI Designers, Design Systems, UX Research, Engineering and Product
• Research best practices & patterns, perform competitive evaluations, build concrete solutions to problems
• Collaborate with internal and external teams to identify strategies and implement accessible solutions
• Establish and implement enterprise guidelines, best practices, and standards related to designing and maintaining our digital applications
• Assist in development of educational elements, focused on design needs for Content, UX / UI and Product
• Contribute to process refinement and provide a11y perspectives in design thinking
• 5+ years UX or UX Research experience
• Experience working within a large design team preferred.
• A strong understanding of the value of the "right" amount of process.
• Strong attention to detail, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent organizational skills in a fast paced environment
• Ability to be self-driven
• Knowledge and experience with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 accessibility standards and guidelines
• Knowledge of disability law including but not limited to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 508, and Affordable Care Act Section 1557
• Accessibility compliance experience
• Web / native design and/or development experience
• Experience with assistive technology such as ZoomText, JAWS, VoiceOver or NVDA screen reader
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.