Accessible Technology Coordinator
Manages the day-to-day operations of the AccessMU Center, and develops, documents and implements policies, procedures, and best practices relating to service delivery of accessible text production, captioning services, and assistive technology (AT).
1. Directs the timely flow of accessible text, alternative media production, and captioning services.
2. Responsible for monitoring and fulfilling captioning requests from faculty for students who are eligible to receive this accommodation, as well as the campus community.
3. Installs, operates and troubleshoots assistive technology, including but not limited to printers, scanners, braille embossers, specialized communication devices, and software.
4. Responsible for hiring, onboarding, and supervising student employees.
5. Researches current trends in assistive and campus technology; surveys students’ technological needs; researches and purchases technology; and participates in strategic planning for the AccessMU Center.
6. Prepares reports using data from Miami’s electronic case management system.
7. Maintains the AccessMU website, physical equipment, and software inventory.
1. In collaboration with the Miller Center for Student Disability Services, develops, documents, and implements policies, procedures, and best practices relating to accessible text, captioning, and assistive technology.
2. Recommends appropriate assistive technology, hardware, and/or specialized software based on the evaluation of the client’s needs.
1. Provides assistive technology training and support to the Miller Center for Student Disability Services, the Rinella Learning Center, Human Resources, as well as for students, faculty, and staff who use assistive technology.
2. Develops and presents training to teach students how to learn more efficiently by using assistive technology aimed at strengthening individualized student learning.
1. Actively promote a customer-oriented approach throughout IT Services.
2. Participate in professional development activities.
3. May occasionally teach one credit-bearing course, per semester, on an as-needed basis and with division approval.
4. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Additional details on job posting site.
Salary Range: $57000 - $70000