Accessibility Support Associate
Integra Software Services Pvt Ltd
At Our Prestigious Client, they’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, they are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. They are bold thinkers and stand-out innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires them to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — they create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Accessibility Support Associate
This is a one of a kind opportunity for a high energy and experienced accessibility SME to help drive our exciting new accessibility support initiative within our Client Organization: the largest publisher in the world. We need a doer, a game changer, a creative problem solver who can get things done.
The ideal candidate will have extensive expertise in accessibility standards and best practices, and demonstrate a high aptitude for communicating with internal stakeholders and customers. This role is responsible for supporting the Accessibility Manager with internal and external communications around accessibility initiatives, promoting adherence to quality standards, and supporting the creation of the best educational products in the market.
Supporting the Accessibility Manager in working with customers to define and deliver scalable solutions around accessibility and ensure implementation of solutions that work going forward—i.e. avoid one-offs when possible. Under guidance from leadership, assist with developing input from internal and external stakeholders into action plans for products in alignment with the overall Accessibility goals. Support manager with maintaining close communication with customers and internal stakeholders to ensure delivery of project plans according to specified objectives.
Support the Accessibility Manager to provide direct and consistent communications among product, technology, sales, and customer support teams with the overarching goal of ensuring that our Client’s accessibility strategy is understood and implemented across the Client Organization.
● Experience with triaging incoming customer support issues through to resolution
● Knowledge of product testing with and ability to demonstrate using Assistive Technology including JAWS, NVDA and Voiceover
● Familiarity with Windows, Mac OS X, iOS and Android platforms
● Proven ability to quickly pick up (and learn to navigate/ demonstrate) educational courseware using assistive technology
● WCAG 2.0/2.1 subject matter expert
● Audit Platforms and Courseware from an Accessibility/Usability perspective, for adherence to WCAG standards as well as usability. JAWS/Voiceover/NVDA expertise required.
● Investigate specific customer complaints issues about accessibility via course setup and manual/automated testing.
● Document "Best Practices for Accessibility" based on internal information.
● Revamp "Point of Contact" information for accessibility issues and create KB articles as necessary.
● Organize accessibility documentation and best practices for distribution to Sales, Marketing and other internal stakeholders.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
● Publishing experience
● Extensive knowledge of accessibility standards and/or principles
● Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
● Proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite tools
● Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
● Proven success in demonstrating product accessibility to diverse audiences
● Demonstrated ability to identify alternatives and make contingency plans
● Capacity to embrace change and quickly adapt to new situations, changes in direction, and altering priorities
● Flexibility to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment
● Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments
● Self-directed worker
● Ability to demonstrate critical and design thinking
Salary Range: $60000 - $