Senior UX Designer
Last Call Media
Last Call Media is looking for an empathetic, team-oriented Senior UX Designer who can help deepen our growing agency’s design capabilities while guiding client projects through proposal, planning, research, strategy, and design stages in a distributed yet highly collaborative organization.
More about Last Call Media: https://youtu.be/O8-PxC_-KtA
As a member of our growing design team, the Senior UX Designer will work closely with other designers, producers, developers, and clients throughout the project lifecycle, enabling us and our clients to deliver effective, human-centered solutions. The ideal candidate contributes to multiple areas of the UX design process, such as research, analysis, information architecture, content strategy, concept development, interaction design, UI design, or accessibility, with deeper expertise in one or two areas of choice. They should also be ready to engage in planning, coaching/mentorship, and facilitation of design as a team-driven process.
The Design Team at Last Call Media’s highest priority is making sure the experiences we build are effective for the audiences they’re built for. This human-centered approach necessitates thoughtful research and an empathetic approach toward users as well as clients and colleagues.
At Last Call Media, we like to do work with purpose--much of our work is for government, higher education, and nonprofit clients, most often improving or redesigning their web experiences. We also work with commercial clients, and on web applications and internal products.
As a fully remote company, we welcome applicants from any country or location.
We are also hiring Junior and Mid-level Designers: https://apply.workable.com/j/FF6D307415?utm_source=a11yjobs&utm_medium=board
A successful Senior UX Designer:
* Brings the experiences we build closer to the needs of their audience by conducting research activities like user interviews and usability testing, then translating that research to personas, journeys, or other artifacts that the Design Team uses to frame our design work.
* Works with Producers to guide large, complicated design projects to completion, keeping the design strategy on track throughout, and coordinating with designers of all experience levels to conduct research, information architecture, and other design activities.
* Helps grow the Design Team’s capabilities by participating in daily meetings with the Design Team, giving and receiving feedback, and contributing to the team’s Design Handbook.
* Coaches other designers and non-designers seeking guidance with empathy, strong listening skills, and an exploratory approach to problems and solutions.
* Helps Account Management acquire new work for Last Call Media by crafting and presenting design proposals with a plan that directly and persuasively addresses the goals of prospective clients.
* On some projects, embeds with clients, acting as a member of their internal team, sometimes for extended periods of time. There you will work to design effective, human-centered experiences from within new and unique organizations, while continuing to support and solicit feedback from the Design Team at Last Call.
* Helps grow Last Call Media’s understanding of and access to design as a company by participating in company meetings and educating non-designers about the function and value of design.
Salary range for this role: This position is compensated at a salary commensurate with skill and experience, at a range with a minimum of $115,000 USD annually. (Salaries are adjusted for country location.)
Last Call Media offers comprehensive benefits, including:
* Health, dental, and vision insurance.
* Unlimited professional development budget.
* Flexible PTO policy.
* Company-provided laptop.
* 401k matching (US citizens only.)
Salary Range: $115000 - $