Web Accessibility Tester
LOS ANGELES,UNITED STATES
This job is expired.
**THIS POSITION IS CLOSED**
Zenyth is an end-to-end accessibility consulting firm that differentiates with a deep expertise in ADA website accessibility and compliance. We help brands identify, remedy and support their accessible digital platforms. We are a mission-driven organization fueled by the belief that technology should be inclusive and accessible for people with disabilities.
Zenyth is currently seeking accessibility professionals with experience in W3C WCAG to conduct accessibility assessments, both manual and automated, and to capture and record ADA defects across various digital platforms.
As an accessibility specialist, you must be able to demonstrate advanced knowledge of WCAG 2.1 AA success criteria and accessibility-related user interface (UI) best practices for web sites and mobile applications. You will be required to accurately identify accessibility issues and to identify potential accessibility barriers and violations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform complete audits and validation testing on web and mobile, based upon Section 508 and/or W3C WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility guidelines.
- Use Assistive Technologies, such as screen reader software (NVDA, JAWS), and accessibility testing tools.
- Write detailed findings to document identified issues and recommend potential solutions and best practices for remediation of accessibility violations.
- Ideal if you can communicate the HTML/CSS fixes and/or additional accessibility features within the target software source code.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent written communication skills for documentation; verbal communication skills for team collaboration and project deliverables.
- B.A. or B.S. in computer science, information technology, human computer interaction, or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of Section 508 and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 requirements for web and mobile.
- Familiarity with Federal Government accessibility testing is preferred.
- Knowledge of HTML semantics/tagging, Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA), hyperlink integrity, and remediation of Section 508 accessibility issues.
- Professional Certification (DHS Trusted Tester, IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies "CPACC", or equivalent) is highly desired.
- Experience working effectively with several clients or project teams simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience assessing and fixing electronic documents (PDF, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) for Section 508 / WCAG compliance is not required but considered a plus.
This is a full-time, 100% remote-based position, offering a flexible schedule, accessibility training, educational stipend, 401K and the chance to accelerate your accessibility-focused career.
Salary Range: $55000 - $