Sr Product Manager - Technical
Amazon Web Services
Seattle, WA Or Arlington, VA Or SF Bay Area,USA
Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com, is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data centers globally. The AWS UX Products and Platform (UXP2) team is responsible for user experience of products that enable customers to manage their applications and infrastructure on AWS. Today, the team is responsible for multiple products such as AWS Web-Based Management Console, AWS Console Mobile App, AWS Chatbot, as well as the platform services used by 200+ AWS service teams to develop and deliver their user experiences.
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), our philosophy is that everyone should be able to access and enjoy the benefits of our cloud computing services. We continuously improve AWS services by removing barriers and enabling everyone to build with AWS. We are seeking a talented Product Manager to join an experienced and energetic organization responsible for delivering a delightful and inclusive customer experience. You will collaborate with a diverse team of engineers, program managers, and designers to research, build, and improve experiences impacting millions of customers worldwide, from individual developers to large enterprises. As an Product Manager of Accessibility with AWS UXP2, you will support our team through project management excellence in the design, development, and maintenance of AWS products, services, training, and websites.
*open to hiring in Seattle, Virginia, SF Bay Area
Key job responsibilities
* Collaborate across teams. Your success will require coordination across multiple teams and domains at AWS to build scalable accessibility processes, tooling and features.
* Ensure the execution of the product roadmap.
* Measure success. Own the measures used to define success for accessibility across AWS. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures known to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
* Prioritize projects, schedule and secure resources, resolve issues and take corrective action, and track progress against roadmap milestones.
In this role, you will collaborate across teams and with leadership to prioritize projects, schedule and secure resources, monitor progress against goals, resolve issues and take corrective action, and track progress against project milestones. You will have strong project management skills, a high degree of ownership, strong analytical ability, attention to details, strong communication skills, and an ability to drive consensus.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
The AWS Accessibility team is growing, and we’re looking for leaders that can grow with it. You will have a direct opportunity to ensure AWS is always usable and customers can easily get things done quickly.
To learn more, contact Justine Pascalides (email@example.com).
· 5+ years experience in technical product management or product management.
· 5+ years of successful delivery of large developer or consumer facing products/projects with cross-org dependencies.
· 5+ years of experience working with customers, technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Experience in delivering high-quality solutions in a rapid, iterative design and development environment.
· Experience in cloud technologies.
· Proven communication and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels of a large organization.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.