Web Accessibility Tester
LOS ANGELES,UNITED STATES
This job is expired.
Seeking Accessibility professionals with experience in W3C WCAG Accessibility assessments, manual and automated testing, and software remediation. As an accessibility specialist, you must be able to demonstrate advanced knowledge of WCAG 2.0/2.1 and accessibility-related user interface (UI) best practices for web sites, mobile device applications, software applications, and electronic documents (e.g., PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) in order to both accurately identify accessibility issues in developed products and to identify potential accessibility barriers and violations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform complete audits and validation testing on software and documents, based upon Section 508 and/or W3C WCAG 2.1 accessibility guidelines.
- Use Assistive Technologies, such as screen reader software (NVDA, JAWS), and Accessibility test tools.
- Write detailed findings to document identified issues and recommend potential solutions and best practices for remediation of accessibility violations.
- Ideal if you can apply software fixes and/or additional accessibility features within the target software source code.
- Develop and deliver informative and useful high quality outreach/educational presentations.
- Prepare and conduct training on accessibility related topics.
- Develop, manage, and maintain current marketing and outreach activities and coordinate with internal and external customers.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent written communication skills for heavy documentation; verbal communication skills for training and development.
- B.A. or B.S. in computer science, information technology, human computer interaction, or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of Section 508 and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 requirements for IT software and hardware.
- Familiarity with Federal Government accessibility testing is preferred.
- Knowledge of HTML semantics/tagging, Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA), hyperlink integrity, and remediation of Section 508 accessibility issues.
- Professional Certification (DHS Trusted Tester, IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies "CPACC", or equivalent) is highly desired.
- Experience working effectively with several clients or project teams simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience assessing and fixing electronic documents (PDF, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) for Section 508 / WCAG compliance is not required but considered a plus.
Salary Range: $55000 - $