Global Inclusive Design Senior Researcher
Amsterdam Or Malmö,NETHERLANDS OR SWEDEN
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
We are IKEA Retail's Digital Inclusive Design, Equity, & Accessibility Centre of Expertise (Digital IDEA CoE). The purpose of this team is to ensure that all IKEA Retail digital experiences and products meet the needs of diverse customers and coworkers. We are the first team of this kind at IKEA Retail, and we are creating this CoE from scratch. This global CoE has 4 streams, each specializing in an area of expertise that will bring the aspiration of human-centric technology to life so that we can ensure that the used of design, data, and technology serves the good of humanity and our world.
The preferred candidate would come from UX design background with experience in topics of inclusion, accessibility, qualitative and quantitative research:
• have personal and/or professional global experience
• dedicates themselves to serving others
• is passionate about challenging the status quo
• loves to work with ambiguity by creating something from nothing
• takes radical initiative in paving the way in an emerging field.
Formal qualifications in related field or equivalent:
• Minimum 5 years of experience in leading and delivering UX research
• Minimum 2 years of experience leading enterprise-level initiatives in large, complex organisations
• Minimum 2 years of work with inclusive design or equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives
• A strong Experience Design leadership portfolio demonstrating team and enterprise leadership capability, as well as a breadth of Inclusive Digital Experience Design delivery leadership
• Preferred: Advance degree in human factors, statistics, research, or related field
Key assignments of this role:
• Lead multiple global Digital IDEA research initiatives across Ingka, Group Digital, and Experience Design using a broad variety of methodologies across all domains and Ingka in order to secure the delivery of excellent and unique IKEA digital experiences across all touchpoints
• Lead the execution of advance Digital IDEA UX research while establishing key measurement to determine the ROI of design and business outcomes
• Lead the creation and execution of brainstorming, design sprints, human-centred design workshops and other co-creative design methods to bring the Digital IDEA strategy to life
• Lead the creation and execution of Digital IDEA research learning content, education plans, events and initiatives to increase understanding of digital inclusion and translation of insights to recommendation that create better experiences for customers and co-workers
• Own and drive Digital IDEA research toolkits and ways of working to provide consistency across the organisation and help the research community to upskill their inclusive design practice
OUR TEAM WITHIN IKEA
The Digital IDEA CoE is new at IKEA Retail. We are a diverse group of people from many backgrounds and stages of life. We believe in creating more equity in the world, and we do our part by developing more digital inclusion for our co-workers and customers. We are the emotional pulse of the company because we lean into our hearts to guide us through daring conversations to create positive change. We don’t run from conflict, but see it as a opportunity for building trust and meaningful growth. We live by radical transparency to share information and knowledge so that we can develop together. We are passionate about our work to contribute to a better world all while maintaining a healthy balance with life.
These are the 4 streams of the Digital IDEA CoE:
• Accessibility Design
• Inclusive Design Operations
• Inclusive Design Innovation & Research
• Inclusive Design Strategy & Integration
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT?
The role is based in Amsterdam, Netherlands or Malmo, Sweden and you will report to the Global Inclusive Design Research Director (in recruitment currently).
If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please reach out to tech recruiter Carl-Johan Andersson at email@example.com. We will be interviewing continuously and are looking forward to hearing from you!
We welcome applications who use assistive and adaptive technologies personally and professionally.
Please respect that due to GDPR we cannot review any applications coming to us in other ways than through our recruitment program.
Our recruiting processes to be fully digital until final stages.