Senior Section 508 Tester
AMA Consulting LLC
AMA Consulting, LLC, a Maryland based Limited Liability Company, provides a range of professional services and IT support services to federal agencies. AMA Consulting is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Join a dynamic team of forward-thinking professionals in our growing company.
Senior Level Section 508 Tester
Your duties and responsibilities:
Seeking a Senior Section 508 Tester to support a fast-paced team of accessibility advocates that are supporting the Section 508 compliance for the US Department of Education in Washington DC. The candidate must possess adequate and relevant experience in the field of Section 508 testing compliance and remediation. The individual shall be qualified in analyzing, testing, providing remediation consultation/training and reporting of Section 508 compliance to Department of Education customers, vendors, and stakeholders, to ensure Departmental compliance with Section 508.
The candidate shall be qualified in analyzing, review testing and reporting of products purchased, owned, developed and or sponsored by the Department in order to ensure Section 508 compliance, as well as all forms of information and communication technology (ICT) as covered by Section 508 (electronic forms, databases, mobile applications, software applications, website content and electronic documents including but not limited to: several different formats of documents (PDF and Microsoft Office).
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
· Knowledge of 508 compliance and WCAG 2.0 A& AA requirements.
· Experience with testing tools like: Axe, Favelets for Checking Web Accessibility, ANDI, developer tools.
· Experience with assistive technology used for testing. Screen Readers, JAWS, NVDA, Color Contrast Analyzer.
· Experience Supporting a Federal Client preferred.
· Coordinate and prioritize 508 Compliance testing activities and the work with multiple development teams and software projects.
· Write test report documentation that is clear and easy to consume by both technical and non‐technical audience.
· Have excellent communication skills to run accessibility scoping meetings with a large number of stakeholders.
· Problem solving skills to be able to manage fast moving and changing testing schedules.
· Ability to present complex technical accessibility issues to Senior Leaders in an easy-to-understand format.
· Knowledge in making documents accessible e.g., Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
· Ability to prioritize and execute tasks within restricted timeframes.
· Detail oriented, able to work independently, self-motivated, proactive team player.
· Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language with excellent communication skills.
· A bachelor’s degree in technology, business, or related field.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience working on Section 508 testing and remediation projects.
· Ability to function in a fast-paced, dynamic environment on-site during normal business hours (9am-5pm) in Washington, DC.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance. US Citizenship is a requirement for a Public Trust clearance at this location.
401 (K) w/ up to 3.5% Company Match
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
10 Paid Holidays
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $125,000.00 per year
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Web accessibility: 5 years (Required)
WCAG: 5 years (Required)
Test automation: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote