Web & Information Technology Accessibility Coordinator
The University of Dayton
The Web and Information Accessibility Coordinator will provide central oversight, technical leadership, expert guidance, coordination, and support to the institution’s departments and programs in their use of the University’s content management systems and applications, with a focus on promoting, assessing, and maintaining web and information technology accessibility.
Position Summary Information
The University of Dayton, founded in 1850 by the Society of Mary, is a top ten Catholic research university. The University seeks outstanding, diverse faculty and staff who value its mission and share its commitment to academic excellence in teaching, research and artistic creativity, the development of the whole person, and leadership and service in the local and global community.
To attain its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion and affirmative action and to equal opportunity policies and practices. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer we will not discriminate against minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
1. Three years’ experience in technical field such as IT, Technical Writing, Web Development.
2. Knowledge of assistive technologies (e.g. JAWS, VoiceOver, Dragon NaturallySpeaking).
3. Demonstrated knowledge of World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines document, version 2.0 (WCAG 2) accessibility standards and guidelines.
4. Demonstrated ability to effectively and independently lead projects to completion.
5. Effective written communication skills.
6. Experience in training delivery
7. Knowledge of disability law including but not limited to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Sections 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
3. Familiarity with web design and production on a web development team.
4. Experience with Cascade Content Management System
5. Familiarity with scripting languages (PHP, JS).
6. Demonstrated experience creating training documentation & curriculum.
7. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot issues in a timely manner.
8. Demonstrated experience managing multiple concurrently running projects.
9. Demonstrated experience organizing and prioritizing.
10. Demonstrated experience working effectively in a team and to work proactively as an individual.
11. Strong customer service orientation with excellent listening and oral communication skills.
12. Demonstrated experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
13. Excellent interpersonal skills.
14. Professional experience in higher education.
15. Knowledge of and sensitivity to a Catholic Marianist work environment.