Digital Accessibility Coordinator
New Haven, CT,US
We’re seeking an Accessibility Coordinator to join our Campus Community Technologies team. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a growing group providing services across the university enhancing Yale’s digital campus for all of its users.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Digital Accessibility, the position requires a professional able to support digital accessibility efforts across Yale’s campus. Using solid project management skills, you will coordinate activities of the ITS Digital Accessibility team and its work with other ITS teams, Yale departments, and external vendors. The successful candidate will possess solid verbal and written communications skills, technical proficiency, as well as strong strategic, creative, and planning skills that enable you to communicate, facilitate, and drive solutions.
The individual in this role will:
• Manage intake and follow-through for accessibility consulting requests.
• Oversee intake and follow-through for procurement reviews, following up with vendors, procurement, and buyers on accessibility requirements and contract negotiations.
• Provide enhancements to the current program for future state efficiencies.
• Administer the accessibility training program, securing training locations and dates, promotion, and evaluation.
• Manage operational projects owned by the accessibility team, document project plans and coordinate activities across teams to ensure project success.
Click here for more information
1. Oversees the advancement and growth of the program. Gives direction and leadership supporting the philosophy, mission, strategy, and annual goals and objectives. Assumes primary accountability for disseminating and publishing all program information to create public awareness and support of the program. 2. Works closely with leadership, internal and external colleagues, and community residents to further develop and implement strategic plans. 3. Identifies, solicits, and cultivates community partnerships and collaborations to assist in the development and growth of the program. Develops the metrics to identify and measure the success of the program. Responsible for measurements of grant success and related evaluation. 4. Assists in identifying and evaluating potential future funding sources, and contributes to the submission of grants and contracts supporting the program, including the annual submission and writing of all content areas and budgetary sections of grant applications. Develops and manages the program’s operating budget. 5. Develops the administrative infrastructure of the program. Manages human resource and administrative functions of the program, including staffing and hiring, supervision, performance development, counseling and discipline, if warranted. Oversees and manages information systems, facilities, and space needs. 6. Investigates, identifies, implements, and oversees the maintenance of systems to gather, track, and report information to support the initiatives of the program. Tracks all program activities and regularly informs leadership of progress on each initiative. Recommends structural or programmatic adjustments, changes or additions based on full knowledge of missions, goals, and objectives. 7. Initiates, designs, and manages the compilation of program communications; identifying outreach potential, and promoting philanthropic and collaborative support of the program. Contributes to the development and assists in the management of content on the program’s website and monitors all changes and additions to the editorial content. 8. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in a related field and four years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Demonstrated ability to coordinate operational activities of technical teams and interactions with internal and external clients. Ability to organize resources to accomplish goals.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deliverables and manage resources. Demonstrated excellence in the follow-up of responsibilities and tasks.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Demonstrated collaboration skills. Ability to meet the needs and expectations of internal customers.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Familiarity configuring and coding for content management systems, such as Drupal; demonstrated leadership and negotiating skills; Knowledge of assistive technology hardware and software and computing systems.