iOS Engineer - Accessibility
Ovia Health's mobile apps and benefits solutions are trusted by millions of women and families around the world to help them monitor their reproductive health, navigate their journeys through parenthood, and find support every day. Our mobile-first platform is used by the country's most innovative payors and employers, delivering healthier outcomes, reduced costs and a confident, productive workforce. We're on a mission to make a healthy, happy family possible for everyone. Join us!
We are looking for an iOS Engineer with a few years experience to join our small collaborative team and help drive the future of iOS development at Ovia Health. This person will work in a highly impactful role, developing new features across our current suite of apps and playing an essential role in new app development. Your insight will help determine architectural product and design decisions on apps that are used by millions of women. We don’t claim to have everything figured out, and we encourage our employees to share ideas about how we can improve our technology and products.
What we are looking for:
- Consistently produce high-quality, maintainable iOS products that solve problems for users, customers and teammates.
- Communicate transparently and clearly throughout all phases of the product development lifecycle regarding ongoing and upcoming work.
- Actively contribute to reviewing teammates’ work via code reviews in a way that improves the team’s shared understanding of the code and improves our technology.
- Contribute to discussions and decisions about what we can and should be doing to better achieve engineering, product and company objectives.
- Maintain accountability for designated user stories throughout the agile process. Make sure things move from “To do” to “Done” by communicating with designers, developers and QA.
- Lead the delivery of features.
- Mentor others by enabling their development and ensure their deliverables are of high quality.
- Lead discussions involving different teams and facilitate understanding of issues in order to find solutions.
What you will be doing:
- A 2-4 years of agile software development primarily focused on iOS.
- Have developed and deployed consumer facing apps to the App Store.
- A strong knowledge of Swift and a working knowledge of Objective-C.
- Have a working knowledge of the iOS SDK.
- Understand iOS design principles and best practices.
- Proficient with Git.
- Knowledge of iOS Accessibility APIs is a strong plus.