Senior Frontend Engineer - Accessibility
This job is expired.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer (f/m/d) to join our Accessibility team and help us create an accessible and inclusive digital delivery experience.
You’ll be working on a core Accessibility team ensuring that all groups regardless of their needs are able to have the same seamless experience at Delivery Hero, inclusivity is at the heart of what we do and we want to ensure our digital experiences reflect this. Our motto is always delivering amazing experiences. We want to be sure that is for everyone.
- In collaboration with a cross-functional team, creating a WEB experience accessible to all users - with a focus on those using assistive technology.
- Building reusable WEB components/SDKs for interfacing with the multiple entities and Apps in our platforms
- Testing your components using assistive technologies like: JAWS, NVDA, MAC/IOS VoiceOver, TalkBack and keyboard only
- Working closely with other teams to ensure Accessibility compliance.
- Advocating accessibility standards as best practices but not forgetting performance.
- Experimenting with new languages, libraries and frameworks and evaluate their potential to make sure we never stop innovating
- Always making sure to constantly share knowledge with each other through thoughtful teaching, influencing, and setting examples
Your Heroic Skills
- Experience working with Design Systems (particularly at scale) and building reusable components
- Understanding of how people with accessibility needs use web browsers and the accessibility APIs available.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and strong communication skills in English
- Passion for creating highly performant, scalable production systems
- You are unfazed by client or server side code and isomorphic rendering is more than a buzzword for you.
Nice To Have
- Understanding of kubernetes deployments
- Understanding of CSS preprocessors