Accessibility Expert | UX Designer
Position: UX Designer
Location: Dover, NH – Temp Remote
Experience with NVDA, Jaws, and ADA
Supporting projects, agile teams, or lead interaction designers doing the following:
• Designing user experiences across multiple devices and platforms (desktop, tablet, mobile) with an expertise of knowledge in web accessibility requirements and guidelines a plus but not required. This also includes manual testing and validation experience with screen readers, specifically JAW's and NVDA.
• Assisting development with testing and validation of ADA implementations
• Creating various levels of designs ranging from low-fidelity sketches to hi-fidelity pixel perfect mockups
• Creating design specifications to support development
• Creating rapid, interactive prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers.
• Supporting the validation of ideas and designs using various testing approaches, analytics, and success metrics
• Helping to maintain a set of global UI styles in an enterprise style guide
• Performing UI reviews of developed designs to ensure quality in the user experience
STRONG DESIGN SKILLS WITH MINOR ADA SKILLS preferred
• A minimum of 5+ years of UX or interaction design experience, including responsive web design
• Proven well-designed examples of responsive grid-based layouts. Strong work portfolio that demonstrates systematic and creative design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UI/UX best practices.
• Content data mapping and research analysis
• Creation of user flows within a given experience and being able to identify multiple use cases and exceptions needed for development.
• Proven experience working with web accessibility guidelines and implementing design to meet ADA standards.
• Strong ability to recognize and predict use cases and user interaction, including happy path as well as edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills (the ability to effectively sell an idea).
• Experience with content mapping and informational architecture design.
• Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
• Proficiency in graphic design, motion graphics, digital art, a sensitivity to typography, color, layout, and a general awareness of materials/textures.
• Experience in working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development life-cycle, including agile methodologies.