UX Digital Accessibility Consultant
U.S. Bank is seeking a UX Digital Accessibility Consultant (sometimes shortened to A11Y) to ensure that prospects and customers (internal and external) with disabilities experience the same level of service and functionality as those without disabilities. The ideal candidate will apply existing guidelines, laws, regulations, and best practices to projects that exceed customer expectations while solving for business needs.
The Accessibility Consultant is a key stakeholder during the design, prototyping and defect analysis processes, including creating and validating accessibility user stories, evaluating prototypes, reviewing designs and wireframes, as well as creating materials to educate others about accessibility. In addition, this candidate will partner with our business lines to ensure the user experience (UX) we present to consumers is accessible and meets bank standards.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Four to six years of related work experience
- Understanding of digital accessibility for the design, evaluation and remediation of defects / issues by analyzing digital products for accessibility issues.
- Experience collaborating with user experience architects, developers, researchers, product owners, test teams and designers to find workable solutions and to ensure specifications are clearly defined
- Experience with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC) a plus
- Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS) Certification a plus
- Experience with JAWS, NVDA, iOS VoiceOver, and/or Android Talkback, Advanced user of these tools is preferred
- Strong communication, both verbal and written; presentation skills along with a strong awareness of UXDesign best practices
- Experience with user-centered design from concept to delivery
- Experience working in a cross-channel environment, including desktop/laptop, mobile, devices and brick-and-mortar locations. Internal facing systems experience a plus.
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently, as well as within a team