Lead Accessibility Technologist
GameStop is looking for a Lead Accessibility Technologist to join our Ecommerce team. This role will be remote and will collaborate with a team of engineers, product managers, designers, and business partners distributed across the U.S. In this role, you will lead GameStop accessibility-focused activities as they relate to gamestop.com and GameStop NMAs. The ideal candidate will be customer-obsessed, highly collaborative, and passionate about creating customer experiences that are frictionless and delightful to ALL visitors. A passion for gaming and ecommerce are a plus!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers, and business partners to ensure GameStop Ecommerce is accessible and inclusive.
• Deliver highly scalable customer-facing products and features, used by millions of GameStop customers.
• Participate in and provide input to technical decisions. Refine our front end frameworks, processes, and standards.
• Write scalable, performant, readable, and tested front-end code. Monitor, track, and optimize accessibility on an ongoing basis.
• Review code and provide meaningful feedback to peers to help build better solutions.
• Provide mentorship and guidance to peers and more junior engineers.
• Use data to provide input to prioritization decisions.
• Thrive in an ambiguous environment, be resourceful, and make tradeoffs to deliver customer impact.
• Exhibit a bias for action, constantly looking for ways to improve the customer experience.
• Establish strong working relationships across all levels and functions of the organization.
• Work on cutting edge technologies such as React, Redux, Webpack and ES6+.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent relevant experience
• 6+ years relevant work experience with building highly performant websites. This is in addition to degree/experience requirement above.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile development environment.
• Strong understanding of and experience with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
• Understanding of cross-browser support, caching, and optimization techniques for faster page load times.
• Knowledge of testing front-end applications and automated browser testing, especially for accessibility considerations.
• Strong customer focus, sense of ownership, and bias for action.
WHAT's GOOD TO HAVE
• Deep understanding of ReactJS and CSS.
• Ecommerce experience