Senior Principal Accessibility Specialist
Charlotte, NC Or Raleigh, NC Or Atlanta, GA,USA
We’re changing lives. Join us and help us empower our clients to take charge of their own finances.
We’re aware of the challenges that users with disabilities have in using technology not suited to their needs. We’ve made an organizational commitment to ensure all digital information, applications, websites, and services are accessible for people with disabilities. We operate in small, innovative teams following Agile development practices backed with the resources of a leading bank. We are looking for a Senior Principal Accessibility Specialist in Charlotte, Atlanta, or Raleigh to be a leader in creating client experiences designed with accessibility in mind. This is a critical, highly influential role as the client experience is a primary competitive focus and current advantage.
Our Senior Principal Accessibility Specialist will work with the top leaders from Engineering, Product Management, and Design to reinforce a mindset of accessibility as part of everything we do at every step of product design and development. You will help teams transform the end-to-end experience beyond mere conformance toward a usable and pleasurable experience for all of our clients, including those with impairments and disabilities, because everyone and every moment matters.
In this role you will
* Lead the improvement of enterprise processes by recommending tools, training, and methods for creating accessible experiences.
* Represent Accessibility in conversations with enterprise leads for design, product, engineering, procurement, risk management, and legal/compliance.
* Provide coaching and training to create teams with mature processes and skilled accessibility champions.
* Research and resolve complex web issues related to digital products for retail, business, wealth, and commercial clients.
Highly qualified candidates will have
* CPWA Certification from the International Association of Accessibility Professionals or significant experience that demonstrates an equivalent knowledge of disabilities, laws, and programming techniques.
* Experience managing accessibility at scale in a large corporate agile development environment, including policy, vendor oversight, training, design, development, and monitoring.
* Ability to conduct accessibility audits with a screen reader and provide detailed recommendations for improvements, including suggestions for both design and development teams.
* Ability to manage projects and build relationships across the enterprise to advocate for digital accessibility.
What is Truist?
BB&T and SunTrust have joined forces to become Truist. We're combining the best of each company to bring you better experiences, better partnerships, and better technology to offer even more ways to help grow your financial confidence. With more than 275 years of combined history through our legacy brands, BB&T and SunTrust, Truist is now one of the nation's premier financial institutions, dedicated to building a better future for our clients, teammates, and communities.
Truist Financial Corporation (NYSE: TFC) is a purpose-driven company dedicated to building a better future for its clients, teammates, and communities. With 275 years of combined BB&T and SunTrust history, Truist is one of the nation's largest financial services holding companies offering a wide range of services including retail, small business, and commercial banking; asset management; capital markets; commercial real estate; corporate and institutional banking; insurance; mortgage; payments; specialized lending; and wealth management. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Truist serves approximately 10 million households with leading market share in many high-growth markets in the country.
Truist Bank, Member FDIC. Learn more at https://truist.com